Toner Levels 0% HP LJ 8000 (38 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Riggs2008
Message 1 of 5 (38 Views)

Toner Levels 0% HP LJ 8000

I have an issue with a group of LJ 8000 printers. When viewing them through WebJet Admin v10 it displays them as having 0% toners levels. This seems to be limited to this group of printers on one of my customer sites as they have the same model on another site and they report fine. All have the same JD cards of J3113A and with the same JD Revision of G.08.49. Factory resets have be done but still the same. Any ideas
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sander Lenderink
Message 2 of 5 (38 Views)

Re: Toner Levels 0% HP LJ 8000

Hi,

If you replace a cartridge, does it then reset and if not, is it reset on the printer configuration page/ supplies page?
There is a page in the menu of the printer that also has an indicator level.
WJA reads that from the printer.
Do you have original HP toners or refurbished ones/third party ones.
The printer does a calcutation, that when you replace the toner, it's reset and then it counts, I believe, down again from 25K, but most of the times you can printer longer with it.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Riggs2008
Message 3 of 5 (38 Views)

Once changed it does not reset and i'm using genuine HP toners.
On this model it does not seem to display toner levels on either the LCD or on the config page.

Would using PCL 6 drivers make any difference rather than the current PS driver.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sander Lenderink
Message 4 of 5 (38 Views)

No, the driver has nothing to do with the internal administration of the toner or anything else in that manner.
Drivers are simply there to convert your document to something the printer can understand.
The information about the toners and stuff is stored inside the printer in a table, which WebJetAdmin reads.
If the printer does nto read the toner levels, of reads a false one, it puts that value into the table and WebJetAdmin reads that table and so, it displays the false information.
As far as I know there is nothing you can do.
Maybe there is a function somewhere in the printer, but I'm not sure if it's with this model, that you can say NEW TONER = YES

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Riggs2008
Message 5 of 5 (38 Views)

Its looking like a factory reset using WJA10 has resolved the issue.

Thanks for you help
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation