Q2443B Stacker/Stapler Problem (138 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Jim Griggs
Message 1 of 4 (138 Views)

Q2443B Stacker/Stapler Problem

Installed on a HP 4250 I get an error message to lower the stacker output tray when it is down. Opened the unit and found a small U switch always in the closed position. The switch has linkage to the tray but never goes to the open position. Should there be a spring to keep it open until the tray is in the up position? I put a peice of tape on it to keep it opened and the message stoped but only one sheet would go to the stacker and the remaining to the standard output bin. Is there a repair manuel for the Q2443B that shows normal operation?
Trusted Contributor
Steve Begley
Message 2 of 4 (138 Views)

Re: Q2443B Stacker/Stapler Problem

Hi Jim,

Service Guide:

http://www.feedroller.com/Store/hp_manuals.php

regards,

Steve.B.
Tea break over - back on yer heads!
Esteemed Contributor
Stuart A. Woods
Message 3 of 4 (138 Views)

I been having staples to not staple at occasion how can this problem be fixed?

I have a Q2443B as well, sometimes it staples, sometimes it jams the staple.

how can i fix this problem.
Occasional Contributor
Jim Griggs
Message 4 of 4 (138 Views)

Steve
Thanks, but all they have are service manuels for the printers (4250/4350) not the stacker/stapler. I have the printer manual and it does not provide internal details for the stacker. I think there is a missing spring or some other part that keeps the sensor switch open when the stacker tray is down. If I could see a picture of the normal operation, I could make repairs.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.