Re: Problems with Printer (107 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Rodney Sampley
Message 1 of 6 (107 Views)

Problems with Printer

I have an HP LaserJet P4015dtn. Giving me an error code saying...Download File Now. Send RFU UPGRADE ON USB DEV PORT. I have read how to clear or try to clear this message, but nothing is working. Any Ideas?
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Stuart A. Woods
Message 2 of 6 (107 Views)

Re: Problems with Printer

It seems to me it wants a firmware update, but I could be wrong, David Zuts should clearer information if this is right or not.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Richard Eklund
Message 3 of 6 (107 Views)

Rodney,

please visit the www.hp.com site and download the latest firmware for this unit and try "pushing" it at the printer via the USB port. There should be directions included with the RFU file. As I recall, the unit needs to be at the READY mode to perform a firmware upgrade so odds are this is not a solution. The other option is to replace the formatter. There seems to be a pattern with the first generation "P" machines with formatter failures. We've heard some chatter about "baking" formatters but our experience is a fairly low success rate.

Our position is to save time and just replace formatter.

Good Luck!
"Everytime you do a good deed, you kick the devil in the butt." Tim Allen
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Rodney Sampley
Message 4 of 6 (107 Views)

Thanks Richard...

I downloaded the file, but that still does not seem to fix the problem. Started to act like it was going to work, but then reset itself and asking for the same update. Think we're just gonna replace the printer. Thanks for you advice.
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Stuart A. Woods
Message 5 of 6 (107 Views)

If the unit is under warranty then its hp's responsibility to repair it.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Wayne L Green
Message 6 of 6 (107 Views)

I recently had the same error on a P4515. I connected to the printer locally using a USB Cable and creating a new printer in the Printers and Faxes (Win XP). Then with the downloaded file I simply clicked on the Update button and it went right through. I think the key is to create a new printer connection via USB. The update did take about 10 minutes but I could watch the file loading on the printer's control panel. Then about 3 or 4 minutes later the printer rebooted itself and now works normally(excpete for my EIO Hard Disk problem see my new thread)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation