Not able to Print PDF files on HP LaserJet 2100TN Printer (149 Views)
Occasional Visitor
helpdesk_6
Message 1 of 5 (149 Views)

Not able to Print PDF files on HP LaserJet 2100TN Printer

I have a LJ 2100TN printer connected to the Network using Jetadmin Netcard. None of the user on the network is able to print PDF file to the printer. While printing PDF files it prints junk characters. When i choose a option in Adobe Acrobat 4.0/5.0 in printing dialog box. Print as image. It prints but it take 5-10 min to print a single page. And also while printing using this method the size of the spool file goes on say if the size of the file is 1k while spooling it shows 1 mb or more and take a long time to print.
Helpdesk @ indiaii
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Stuart Elflett
Message 2 of 5 (149 Views)

Re: Not able to Print PDF files on HP LaserJet 2100TN Printer

A couple of quick questions - is it only PDF files that are giving this problem?? All PDF's, or just some?? Exactly which version of Acrobat are you using???

Cheers,
Stuart Elflett
May the best of your past be the worst of your future...
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Charles Allen
Message 3 of 5 (149 Views)

Are you viewing the pdf file inside a web browser or just in the acrobat reader application?
When you view pdfs inside a web browser and want to print them, it is VERY IMPORTANT to use the print button on the acrobat toolbar, NOT on the browser toolbar. Also, do not use the browser File>Print command. Only the print button on the acrobat toolbar.

If you are using the acrobat reader, I don't know what to say. This happens sometimes with many different printers. Try a different version of acrobat reader, or a different print driver.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
bharani
Message 4 of 5 (149 Views)

In our application we do have to print PDF files. We have HP LJ 5si and HP 8100 series printers using Jet admin card. First of all try to upgrade the firmware for the jet admin and make sure you are with the latest. And then instead of using outdated jet admin softwate try to use hp network install or hp web jetadmin software and capture the printer port.
we also had slow printing problem and i changed the printer driver from pcl 5e version to default HP lj 5si printer driver. It printed fast. Don't use PCL version for printing PDF files. It pauses printer for few seconds after printing every 2 to 3 pages. Test using printing a pdf file having more than 100 pages. it should not pause during printing. in our application we use the command "if exist acrord32 /t "" "printer net name" spooled to a .BAT file and execute that .bat file.
Ensure you have the acrord32 in your path settings. Try it should work.
a
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Cynthia LoVerde
Message 5 of 5 (149 Views)

You might want to try downloading the Postscript driver for this printer. (PS driver) They are compatible with PDF files. I've had this problem before with other HP models and the PS driver always fixed it.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation