Laserjet 9000/9050/4250 error 49 4C02 (610 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Steve Colquhoun
Message 1 of 4 (610 Views)

Laserjet 9000/9050/4250 error 49 4C02

We have 13 printers poping up this error message and after doing what HP suggests, such as reseating everything, updating firmware to the latest version etc the error still persists.

I have a call logged for an engineer to attend site as most of these printers are new installs, has anyone else seen this error message and knows it's fault?

We test benched a brand new printer and connecting it to the network when no one is using it the message will be displayed at random. So far the only common demoninator is the built in network card. I am going to try disabling it and installing a jetdirect card to see if it stays stable. Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Steve
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Ian McKerracher_1
Message 2 of 4 (610 Views)

Re: Laserjet 9000/9050/4250 error 49 4C02

Hello Steve,

Have a look at these links. They may contain something that HP Support didn't suggest.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=962542

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=837809

Regards,

Ian

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Steve Colquhoun
Message 3 of 4 (610 Views)

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply and I checked out the links you supplied, we have done everything that is indicated. With no resolution to the problem.

The main thing we have found is that the printer will display the error message when no one is using it, for example we have a brand new printer taken out of the box onto a test bench in a secure room. The firmware was updated and everything reseated, when the tester went to lunch it was displaying ready but when he came back it was displaying error 49 4C02. No one is printing to it and just leaving it connected to the network it will display error 49.

I have installed a new jetdirect card that I had to see if it can be isolated to the onboard network card. This printer is a 4250 but we have reports of it effecting 9050's all seem to be recent installs on 4 locations now.

The engineer that attended site on HP's behalf never even waited long enough to talk to anybody. He just told security that he knew what the part was that was needed and left! So I now need to wait till he decides to show up again to explain that its on more than one machine.

Cheers,

Steve
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Destry Bourke
Message 4 of 4 (610 Views)

I have one other suggestion for you, nd the only reason that I can offer this is because we had a problem with this kind of error popping up when one person (the only person assigned to the printer had a Macintosh computer) tried to print to this. The solution that we ultimately found was to set the network card's switching (from 10MBs to 100MBs) from auto to 100, and havn't had a problem since. Hope this helps!!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation