Laserjet 4200 TN - Changing driver name in chooser on Macintosh (67 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Victor Gentinetta
Message 1 of 4 (67 Views)

Laserjet 4200 TN - Changing driver name in chooser on Macintosh

I have two Laserjet 4200 TNs on an all Mac network.

The printers are networked via appletalk but I need to differentiate between them in the chooser to make life easier for the users.

How can I go about changing the driver name which is LaserWriter 8|hp LaserJet 4200 at the moment.

It would be useful to change the second printer to LaserWriter 8|hp LaserJet 4200_2 for example.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

With kind regards

Victor
Trusted Contributor
George Brecosky
Message 2 of 4 (67 Views)

Re: Laserjet 4200 TN - Changing driver name in chooser on Macintosh

Hi, it has been a while since I networked Macs, but I remember you have to change the name of the printers appletalk port on the actual printers interface. This was done using the NAMER function. This actually changes the name of the printer, and when you connect it to your appletalk network it is recognized with that name. The printer retains that name no matter where you connect it, IE: to a standalone mac, on the network, etc, etc. Write back if you have more questions.
Trusted Contributor
George Brecosky
Message 3 of 4 (67 Views)

Sorry, forgot about this.... your printers are 4200's probably using an installed Jetdirect card. Using JetAdmin or Web setup you should be able to rename this.
Occasional Visitor
Victor Gentinetta
Message 4 of 4 (67 Views)

George

Thanks for taking the time to respond to this query. I am due to revisit site on Friday next so will try this out.

With thanks and kind regards

Victor
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.