Laserjet 1012 prints much too small (36 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Brad Johnson_6
Message 1 of 3 (36 Views)

Laserjet 1012 prints much too small

We recently replaced our printer with an HP Laserjet 1012, and it's giving us a very odd problem. We use a program called TaskVenue for our inventory tracking, and anything that TaskVenue prints ends up being squished into a 2cm by 2cm square in the top left corner of the page. However, if I click on Print Preview and then print from there, it prints just fine. It doesn't do this with any any other program so I assumed that it was a problem with TaskVenue. But the program itself doesn't have any way to change any of the print settings, and the people who sold us the program seem to think it's a problem with either the system's print settings or the print drivers. I can't see to find any printer settings that would result in this kind of distortion, and I'm using the most recent drivers that I can find. Our previous printer (which was also an HP laser printer, although it was a different model) worked fine with TaskVenue. Any clue what could be causing this?
Occasional Visitor
Brad Johnson_6
Message 2 of 3 (36 Views)

Re: Laserjet 1012 prints much too small

I suppose it might have helped if I mentioned that we're running Windows XP Service Pack 2, the printer is connected via USB, and the printer driver is version 5.0.5.0 (14/08/2002).
Honored Contributor
Nkassas
Message 3 of 3 (36 Views)

Re: Laserjet 1012 prints much too small

Hi Brad Johnson,
Try to change setting for printer driver so that TaskVenue print correctly without print Preview Option Just Right click for printer ICON on Printer & Fax menu
Select Port -TAB then there are TWO Option checkBox

disEnable - Bidirection support clear checkbox
Enable - Printer pooling - checkbox

Then Click Apply-Button
Click Ok and Try to Reprint from TaskVenue.

Hope this resolved your problem, let's know for any future assistance.

Regards,
Nkassas
There are no short cuts to anything worth doing
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.