LaserJet P2055DN - Stuck in Initializing (11987 Views)
Regular Advisor
Martin Capehart
Message 1 of 3 (11,987 Views)
Accepted Solution

LaserJet P2055DN - Stuck in Initializing

This printer came into the shop with a bad fuser.  Half of the heat roller is missing and there is a scrap of paper wrapped part way around the fuser roller where the cover is missing.  When the printer is powered on the fuser turns a couple of time and the prints stalls and "Initializing" appears on the display.  Both LEDs flash and nothing else happens.  Is this because the fuser is working too hard to turn?  Thanks!

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (11,979 Views)

Re: LaserJet P2055DN - Stuck in Initializing

No.  This printer also has a formatter issue.  To test just open the toner door and turn on the printer.  It should still initialize with the message close door.  With the door open the fuser will not be told to turn.  Most times with these formatters you can "bake" them and have them work again.  Look for P2015 possible solution thread or threads on baking jet direct cards.  You have 2 different issues.

Regular Advisor
Martin Capehart
Message 3 of 3 (11,973 Views)

Re: LaserJet P2055DN - Stuck in Initializing

Thanks David - I had wondered about the formatter - since the customer said that the printer was working other than poor print quality and constant jamming, I was trying to rule out the fuser causing the problem.  Since the retail price on this printer is almost equal to the price of a fuser, formatter and repair labor they are going to replace the printer.  I was recommending replacement for the fuser and labor alone.  Thanks again!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.