LaserJet 1200 Error Lights (104 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 7 (104 Views)

LaserJet 1200 Error Lights

Hi, my client has a laserjet 1200, it was working ok, but when he tryed to turn it on it didn't work, just turn on the three lights, I unplugged it and plugged it again, but, it still the fatal error code, how can I solve that problem, I haven't checked page counter yet, the only thing I noticed was a remanufacturated toner cartidge, a non original piece.

Thanks, for yor help.
Esteemed Contributor
Message 2 of 7 (104 Views)

Re: LaserJet 1200 Error Lights

If all three lights are on, it indicates a fatal error code. You need to press the Go button to see what the secondary message is. Without that information, troubleshooting is impossible.
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 7 (104 Views)

Ok, thanks, but that was the sign after pressing the Go button, I unplugged the printer for more than an hour and now it gives another error code, just two linghts on.
How can I solve it ?

Thanks for your help.
Esteemed Contributor
Message 4 of 7 (104 Views)

Which lights are on? To make sure we are on the same page, when you turn the printer on, all three lights come on. When you hold the Go button, only two lights are lit. Which lights are lit? Are they blinking or solid?
Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 7 (104 Views)

Ok, when I pres the go button it turns off, the other two lights still on (not blinking).

I don't know what it could be, I read by there that was a bad connection in the scanner cable, or a damaged DIMM but this printer does not have any extra DIMM nor a scanner attached to it.

Thanks for your responses.
Esteemed Contributor
Message 6 of 7 (104 Views)

The light pattern you mention indicates a motor error. I would guess if the motor cable connections are ok that the problem is probably a faulty motor.
Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 7 (104 Views)

Thank's but when I plugged the printer the paper rolers worked, I think the motor may be working ok, I'll check all the motor cables to discard that's a wrong connected cable.

But, if there are ok, how to test de motor ?

Thanks for your help.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.