Re: LJ9040 - change default tray sequence? (117 Views)
Honored Contributor
Jay Bollyn
Message 1 of 3 (117 Views)
Accepted Solution

LJ9040 - change default tray sequence?

We have several LJ9040dn with the 2000 sheet tray 4. We use only letter size plain paper in all trays. It seems the printer draws from tray 3, then tray 4, then tray 2. Is it possible to first draw from tray 4, and only draw from the two other trays when tray 4 is empty?

Thanks.
check Facebook
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Kevin Adams_1
Message 2 of 3 (117 Views)

Re: LJ9040 - change default tray sequence?

Tray 4 should be your default as the printer goes for the high capacity or higher tray number first.

If your configuration page shows the media as identical in each tray then I would check the firmware is fully up to date (the 2000 sheet HCI will have firmware so may be out to the printer) and consider a cold reset - this will force a re-read of the trays but remember the cold reset will erase EIO network information.

I have had this fault and in my case all the trays were set identically, the cold reset corrected it so I never found the underlying cause.
If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Jay Bollyn
Message 3 of 3 (117 Views)

Re: LJ9040 - change default tray sequence?

I think you are probably right about a cold reset. I could pull the JD beforehand, but I would still lose the page count, so it is not worth it to me.

Thanks.
check Facebook
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation