LJ4200N Not Printing After Sending Envelope From Word (68 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Chad Pratt_1
Message 1 of 3 (68 Views)
Accepted Solution

LJ4200N Not Printing After Sending Envelope From Word

We have a few LaserJet 4200Ns in our environment and all are having problems printing from tray 2 after printing envelopes on the manual feed. We are using Microsoft Windows 98 and XP and printing from multiple versions of Microsoft Word(97, XP and 2003) through different network systems (Active Directory, Novell NDPS and Microsoft Direct IP Printing). It doesn't matter what combination of the above variables are used, the outcome is the same. The envelope prints but the letter that follows doesn't print. The envelope is fed from the manual feed tray and the letters are fed from the paper tray(2). After the envelope comes out the printer rollers keep going and the printer says "Processing job from tray 2" but nothing is printing. It stays like this for 3-4 minutes and then gives "13.20.00 JAM IN TOP COVER AREA". There is not a paper jam present and after closing the lid the letter prints (from the tray) and the printer goes into Ready mode. The printer will print everything correctly(print envelope then letter then envelope..ect.) only if the person sending the job waits untill the envelope is finished printing and the printer goes back into Ready mode which isn't a good option for mass mail printing. I have tried using PCL and PS drivers with diferent print settings with the same results I have tried this on a LJ4500C and it works fine so I am suspecting a problem with this model of printer. Has anyone seen this? Any resolution?
Occasional Visitor
Bobby Smith_1
Message 2 of 3 (68 Views)

Re: LJ4200N Not Printing After Sending Envelope From Word

Chad, why don't you try a laser jet 4 driver. See how that works.
Occasional Visitor
Chad Pratt_1
Message 3 of 3 (68 Views)

Re: LJ4200N Not Printing After Sending Envelope From Word

That worked great! The LJ4200N can't handle it's own drivers I guess.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.