HP Laserjet 6L envelope feed problem (95 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Bob Welshon
Message 1 of 4 (95 Views)

HP Laserjet 6L envelope feed problem

My HP Laserjet 6L is occasionally exhibiting the multiple page feed problem listed on the HP website. This printer is about 3 yrs old. I have ordered the separation pad kit and I am hoping that it will resolve this issue. But, it is now also unable to feed envelopes. Will the separation pad kit resolve this issue as well or do I need to order another part to resolve this?

Thanks
Bob
Honored Contributor
Ken Chahley
Message 2 of 4 (95 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 6L envelope feed problem

1 thing at a time...wait until you get the first problem fixed, then see if you still have the 2nd. If you are installing the free "fix", cross your fingers that it stays put!!
When in doubt, check your manual:)
Valued Contributor
Tom  Kirwan
Message 3 of 4 (95 Views)

Bob,
replace the feed and sep assys. The kit sometimes causes more problems than it fixes. It's only a band-aid, and not a very good one at that.

If you fix that, you will be able to feed envelopes again.
I knew the job was dangerous when I took it!
Honored Contributor
Moe Wodnicki
Message 4 of 4 (95 Views)

Since envelopes are a bit heavier than regular paper, a worn pickup roller will cause the problem. HP's free kit will not fix the problem. You can get all the parts, including the pickup roller and the 3 separation pads, with an instructional video at http://fixyourownprinter.com/kkg0.html
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.