HP Laserjet 4050N making noise when paper is feeding (175 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Joe B_2
Message 1 of 2 (175 Views)

HP Laserjet 4050N making noise when paper is feeding

I have an HP LaserJet 4050N that is making a vibrating/whining noise when paper feeds from tray 1 or tray 2. No jams or errors, other than a few late paper jam messages in the log. Printer is working fine, just a bit annoying. I was thinking of possibly replacing either the paper feed assembly or the printer drive assembly, but since the printer is working fine, I am hesitant to do this. Any ideas?
HP IN THE NORTH COUNTRY
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Bill Brayford_2
Message 2 of 2 (175 Views)

Re: HP Laserjet 4050N making noise when paper is feeding

Vibrating/whining

If high pitched and coming from back at side may be fan. They have a fine mesh cover that gets clogged.

If mostly back right bottom main drive gear assembly. Possible fuser. Will require service tech.

A skreechy like a dry windshield wiper sound more at top is cartridge. Recharges are famous for that but a new well used will do as well sometimes.

You may also get a ergh ergh sound from some types of paper. If coming from tray area. Clean P/U and seperation rollers and try. The seperation roller has a clutch just behind roller in tray that can get bound up. remove and twist back and forth to free.

Don't know you page count but you may be due for maintenance.

Bill
The only good cheap printer is a Pencil. Rest were invented by Salesmen!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation