HP LaserJet 4250 "Printer Cleaning Page" (1547 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Scott Nottbohm
Message 1 of 3 (1,547 Views)

HP LaserJet 4250 "Printer Cleaning Page"

I've got an HP Laserjet 4250n, connected via the parallel port for direct printing, at the moment. I'm getting a "This is an HP Laserjet Printer Cleaning Page" after about every 2000 pages? It will produce the page without warning, I've checked the configuration but do not see anything that would control it's timing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Trusted Contributor
Sys Admin
Message 2 of 3 (1,547 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 4250 "Printer Cleaning Page"

Running the cleaning page automatically
Using the procedure below, you can set the printer to print cleaning pages automatically at
an interval that you select. In order for the cleaning page to run without intervention, you
must keep the selected size and plain paper type available in the printer. The printer will not
interrupt a printing job in process.
To run the cleaning page automatically
1. Press MENU to open the menus.
2. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to scroll to CONFIGURE DEVICE, and then press
(SELECT button).
3. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to scroll to PRINT QUALITY, and then press
(SELECT button).
4. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to scroll to AUTO CLEANING, and then press
(SELECT button).
5. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to scroll to ON, and then press (SELECT button).
6. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to scroll to CLEANING INTERVAL, and then press
(SELECT button).
7. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to scroll to the desired interval between 1,000 and
20,000 pages, and then press (SELECT button) to save your selection.
8. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to scroll to AUTO CLEANING SIZE, and then
press (SELECT button).
9. Use (UP button) or (DOWN button) to scroll to the paper size that you want the printer
to use for cleaning pages (A4 or LETTER), and then press (SELECT button) to save
your selection.
The printer automatically prints a cleaning page at the interval and page size that you
selected. You can discard the output page created by the cleaning process.

Page 111 of the user guide for your printer.
Occasional Visitor
Scott Nottbohm
Message 3 of 3 (1,547 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet 4250 "Printer Cleaning Page"

SysAdmin,

Thanks for the information on adjusting the cleaning page. It's exactly what I was looking for to solve the problem.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.