HP LJ 2055. Last page doesn't print until next print job starts (1445 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Rik Thompson
Message 1 of 8 (1,445 Views)

HP LJ 2055. Last page doesn't print until next print job starts

I have a user with an HP LJ 2055. With any document longer than 1 page, the last page does not print. The print queue is empty and all jobs processed. When another document is printed, the last page of the previous job is printed, and the last page of the current is not printed. Removed and reinstalled printer. Problem persists.
Esteemed Contributor
Stuart A. Woods
Message 2 of 8 (1,445 Views)

Re: HP LJ 2055. Last page doesn't print until next print job starts

Its a commmuncation issue with the computer and the printer.

Make sure that the cables are connected properly.

Stuart.
Honored Contributor
Chris H
Message 3 of 8 (1,445 Views)

Symptoms imply that the print job is NOT terminated with anything which would force a page eject.

A Windows printer driver will (typically) end a job with one (or both) of a Printer Reset ({Esc}E) or Universal Exit Language ({Esc}%-12345X) escape sequence.

Older-style *n*x or DOS spooling systems didn't tend to add these terminating sequences.

What Operating System and driver are you using?
Occasional Visitor
Rik Thompson
Message 4 of 8 (1,445 Views)

Windows XP SP3
Trusted Contributor
kjc123
Message 5 of 8 (1,445 Views)

Rik,

Just to add to what Chris has said, if its PostScript then it needs a (ASCII 4) terminating the job.

Ken
Honored Contributor
Chris H
Message 6 of 8 (1,445 Views)

Ken

Thanks for the note about PostScript.

I only referred to the typical PCL5 scenario
(hence why I asked 'which driver?').

As a matter of interest, presumbly even a PostScript stream would print the final page without delay if the job was 'topped and tailed' by UEL sequences and (after the 'top' one), an appropriate PJL ENTER LANGUAGE statement?

Chris
Trusted Contributor
kjc123
Message 7 of 8 (1,445 Views)

Chris,

Not entirely sure. I think I did read somewhere that the terminating UEL has the effect of spitting out the last page - I'll check.

On many LJ PostScript drivers (under the Device Settings tab) there is often a switch to include (or not include) the closing and there is also a setting for PostScript timeout which, if reached, will also terminate the job (ie spit out the last page).

Ken

Occasional Visitor
Rik Thompson
Message 8 of 8 (1,445 Views)

After removing and reinstalling the printer several times, found that a generic (universal) driver fixed the problem, but made printing much slower. Will be reimaging the computer soon, so this is just a temporary fix. May have something to do with Korean fonts being installed on computer.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.