HP 8000N - PCL 5e - Print Command - Word 97 (51 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Claude Poirier
Message 1 of 2 (51 Views)

HP 8000N - PCL 5e - Print Command - Word 97

Using Word 97 I want to put PLC 5e Print command on the document to make sure it will be printing on tray 4 (where tray # 4 is the first tray in the additionnal 2 * 500 sheet tray on a HP8000).

The command inserted is {PRINT 27"&l20H"}. The document print on tray 4 but for some reasons the document is now double spacing and the text is all printing on the right side of the paper.

The attached file contains the PCL string when I choose "print to file"

Please Help.

CP
Honored Contributor
Kimberly Ann
Message 2 of 2 (51 Views)

Re: HP 8000N - PCL 5e - Print Command - Word 97

Hi Claude,

The first thing I'd check is that you're running the latest version of the Windows driver. Here's where you can get the latest:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindexes/hplaserjet5942_swen.html

I assume the driver is entering all of the other PCL commands. You're only entering the &l20H command? That command is actually being issued after your text (which I assume is the "Test tray #4 version"), so I'm not totally sure why the tray selection is working for you.

Are you on a network and, if so, can you connect directly to the printer and try to print this file? What OS are you using?

Kathy
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.