HP 4350 DTN - Slow Print (467 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Rui Cristóvão
Message 1 of 5 (467 Views)

HP 4350 DTN - Slow Print

I have a 4350 that prints very slow. from any tray.
I already made a Firmware Update a cold reset and nvram reset, but the problem presist.

anyone knows the problem and the possible solution.
Esteemed Contributor
Stuart A. Woods
Message 2 of 5 (467 Views)

Re: HP 4350 DTN - Slow Print

dont do nvram reset you will lose all your settings.
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 3 of 5 (467 Views)

How many trays. If just two the manual and lower paper cassette, check the blue switch on the right side of the paper tray and make sure it is set to standard and not custom. Manual feeder will always print at about 1/3 the speed on this model. Also what happens when you print a paper path test from the diagnostics menu. Is it also slow or fast. Again I am talking just about the actual printing speeding and not processing time. If fast from menu on printer but slow from job sent then you have a network or communication issue.
Occasional Advisor
BOB SYMONS_1
Message 4 of 5 (467 Views)

WHAT "ZUT" SAID IS ABOUT IT...DO AN INTERNAL TEST BY RIGHT PUSHING THE MENU BUTTON AND THEN RIGHT PUSH THE ITEM BUTTON UNTIL THE DISPLAY PANEL SAYS "PRINT CONFIGURATION" THEN PRESS "SELECT"...IF THAT PRINTS SLOW LIKE YOUR PRINT JOB SENT TO THE PRINTER THEN LOOK TO THE SLINE MOTOR AS BEING DIRTY AND THE PRINTER NEEDS A TOTAL "PM" AND A FUSER EVEN IF IT DON'T JAM OR CAUSE SLOPPY PRINT QUALITY...THE TEFLON BUSHINGS SOMETIMES OVER HEAT AND CAUSE A SLOW TURN OF THE PRESSURE ROLLER...IF IT PRINTS OUT A A GOOD RATE THEN LOOK TO SEE IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE I/O CARD CASING SLOW DATA FORMATION AND PRINT ACTIVATION...IF NOT THAT...RELOAD AND NETWORK CLIENT THAT YOU MAY HAVE IN THE PC'THAT IS THE PRINT SERVER..WEITHER IT'S A NETWORK DEVICE IN THEBACK ROOM OR AT THE PRINTER SIDE...MAYBE IF THE PRINTER IS CONNECTED TO A USERS PC AS A PRINT SERVER...HIS DATA FILES MAYBE LARGE ENOUGH TO LOAD THE PC'S MEMORY AND THAT TAKES PRIORITY AND SLOWS DOWN THE PRINT JOB....BEST FIX...UP MEMORY IN THE PRINTER AND THE USERS PC..!!!
Occasional Contributor
Rui Cristóvão
Message 5 of 5 (467 Views)

Problem solved

The tray configuration was wrong (set to letter).

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.