HP 4050 Page counter reset (126 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Angela_12
Message 1 of 5 (126 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 4050 Page counter reset

Is it possible to reset the page count on the HP 4050 without restoring to factory defaults?
If so, how?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Moe Wodnicki
Message 2 of 5 (126 Views)

Re: HP 4050 Page counter reset

Are you referring to the total printer page count? If that's the case, it's doable, but you won't find anyone who'll tell you how to do so in an open forum like this. That's like resetting a car odometer so you can sell it for more.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Angela_12
Message 3 of 5 (126 Views)

Right, never thought it that way. We were planning on resetting it to log printer usage for a service contract we're trying to get. I guess we'll just take a snapshot and log after current usage.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Dennis Aston
Message 4 of 5 (126 Views)

Another option is for you to reset the page count on the maintenance side so that you can use the maintenance counter to track the pages printed since a certain point. This will take more vigilance on your part because you won't know without doing some basic math exactly how far until you should do some maintenance on the printer. Record your current "Page Count" for a baseline and then reset the maintenance counter.

Right now I am looking at my HP 4000 configuration printout page and its showing a "Pages Since Last Maintenance" listing under the Printer Information section. Use that.

I personally couldn't find out how to reset the counter but I will talk to my maintenance guy later on today and post back, if you wanted to use this method.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ken Chahley
Message 5 of 5 (126 Views)

I'm having trouble here...you're going after a "service" contract, but don't have the info for resets??? (mine is not the reason why......!) What's wrong with a config test page when the contract starts and working from the "Page Count:" at that point?
When in doubt, check your manual:)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation