Bad Firmware P4015X (213 Views)
Occasional Visitor
notachancegp
Message 1 of 3 (213 Views)

Bad Firmware P4015X

In trying to fix a 40.4c27 error, we upgraded the firmware on this machine yesterday. As per usual, the checking paper path error arrived shortly after. According to solutions, we needed to go through web admin and update the firmware a second time, which promptly screwed up the firmware. Now, the message comes up "Downld file now. Send RFU Upgrade on USB DEV Port" I have tried the solutions of installing a print driver and then trying to run the firmware through - no luck. Next, tried the commandline and receive an access denied when trying to send the file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Occasional Visitor
notachancegp
Message 2 of 3 (213 Views)

Re: Bad Firmware P4015X

Well, no responses! I did some further digging, and found this article that fixed my problem - good thing we had a mac kicking around!
http://www.devincollier.com/2009/06/22/fixing-the-dreaded-rfu-load-errorsend-rfu-upgrade-on-cp3505-u...

Now, I am back to the old issue of "checking paper path" not going away.
Occasional Visitor
notachancegp
Message 3 of 3 (213 Views)

Re: Bad Firmware P4015X

It works!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.