Re: Access code is invalid - 4050N (49 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (49 Views)

Access code is invalid - 4050N

I get the error "The Access Code Is Invalid" every time I try to print to one of the 4050N's on my network. Only one computer on my network is having this problem and everybody else is able to print to the printer. This behavior just started yesterday and I had no problems printing from this computer to the printer before yesterday. When this happens the effected computer says that my printer is offline, but when I put it back online I get the error again. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 4050N drivers to no avail. I do have a second 4050N on the network that I'm not having any problem printing to from the effected computer. Any suggestions?
Occasional Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (49 Views)

Re: Access code is invalid - 4050N

Is this printer shared through a W9X based client running in a Windows network environment?

If so, I had this one before and walked through several things - most of which I've forgotten.

Try changing the 'file & print sharing' in the network properties on the Windows 9x client to share based rather than user based. Set them to full w/o password. Reboot and test.

Please reply if this works or not.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.