2035n outputs multiple pages, only 1 send to printer (2191 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jack Novick
Message 1 of 13 (2,191 Views)

2035n outputs multiple pages, only 1 send to printer

I've a 2035n printer directly connect to a G switch. Using the 2035n driver, the printer outputs continuously when any print job is selected. Vista32..print Q show the job never leaving, must delete job from Q of shut down printer to stop output. Changed to PCL5 driver, stops the multi pages but printer stops output and freezes Q, must clear Q and pwr cycle printer to restore. Happens daily...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
D E Baker
Message 2 of 13 (2,191 Views)

Re: 2035n outputs multiple pages, only 1 send to printer

I have a new 2035n printer with Windows 7, and it's doing the same thing. Keeps printing the job over and over again until I cancel the job. I tried the 2035 driver (as opposed to the 2035N driver), no difference.

I have to cancel the print job as soon as I print. A Mac printing to the same network printer doesn't have this issue.

Will see if I can find a different print driver.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Snooze
Message 3 of 13 (2,191 Views)

I have the same problem as well with windows 7 - 64 bit and the driver released 25 Aug 2008.

Pretty pathetic that a driver which was released almost a year before windows 7 was relased hasn't been updated.

Especially since they're still selling the printer, one would expect it to have current and functioning drivers. Had I known this printer had these driver issues, I would not have had purchased this printer.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Greg Sparks
Message 4 of 13 (2,191 Views)

I am getting the same error using Win7 x64: the job just keeps printing over and over until I cancel it in the print queue. I can see errors in the Windows Event Viewer that indicate Windows thinks the print job failed (even though it did not); it must automatically resubmit the job. I get this error on all three of my computers.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
David Reckseit
Message 5 of 13 (2,191 Views)

Has anyone found a solution for this problem? I have the same problem with HP LaserJet P2035n on Windows 7 over TCPIP.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Alberto S. Lopez
Message 6 of 13 (2,191 Views)

I have the same exact issue when printing from 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium over TVP/IP.

For the record, I am running a brand-new (about a week old) Dell Inspiron with an AMD Athlon II X4 620 quad-core processor (@2.60Ghz per core) with 8GB of RAM and a 750 GB primary hard disk.

Symptoms are that *ANY* (from ANY Windows application) print job that I send to the Laserjet P2035n over TCP/IP just **loops** and I have to go in to the printer queue and CANCEL the print job to get the printer to stop spewing multiple copies of the same print job.

HP needs to get on this and push out a new printer driver for the Laserjet P2035n!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Greg Sparks
Message 7 of 13 (2,191 Views)

OK, I think I found a workaround. Previously I had let Windows 7 find and auto-install the printer. I had also tried using the downloads from HP, but those also produced the same result. Here's what I got to work: I removed the printer (right clicked it in Windows and selected "remove device"). I then installed the DVD that came with the printer and had it walk me through the HP-provided install program (which took considerably longer than having Windows just find and auto-install it). However, I'm now printing just one copy. I've done this on two computers and have had good luck so far!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
David Reckseit
Message 8 of 13 (2,191 Views)

The solution from Greg Sparks worked for me.

I have a new Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit, HP Notebook computer. On this machine, the P2035n printer continuously printed the same job until I cancelled it. It was working fine on the XP machine that I originally installed it on. The printer is on my home office LAN accessed via TCP/IP.

I removed the printer from the Devices and Printers window and then deleted the port for the printers IP address by selecting Printer Properties of another printer, selecting the Ports tab, selecting the port on the list and the Delete Port button.

I then installed the P2035n printer from the original disk that came with the printer.

It is working fine now. No continuous printing, no job left in the print queue. Everything is good.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Bill Rakes
Message 9 of 13 (2,191 Views)

I have been having this same issue for months. Finally found a suggestion in my researching to disable bidirectional printing in the port settings. They claimed this was a windows issue not an HP problem. Disabled it and now it works great. Need to do this on each network PC using this printer.

Go to printers
Right click on the printer
Select properties
Go to ports tab
There will be many lines of ports so be sure you are on the correct line for your printer
uncheck the box "Enable bidirectional printing"

I have tried it on 2 PC's on the network and it works good now. Just to prove it, I turned bidirectional printing back on and it started continually printing the same document. Turned back off and is working great!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
luke schulze
Message 10 of 13 (2,191 Views)

THANK YOU! - Bill Rakes
His suggestion above, uncheck the box "Enable bidirectional printing" worked for me great on two different computers, one WIN7 32bit/the other WIN7 64bit. This problem had been driving me nuts, had tried multiple drivers, auto-install, dvd-install, all gave the same problem. But now i'm up and working...Thank You again!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
RF Pierce
Message 11 of 13 (2,187 Views)

Many thanks go out to Bill Rakes for his solution!

I installed this printer on two 2008 64-bit Windows servers in a Xenapp farm. Disableing the bi-direction support did the trick!

Thanks again...

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
HP Help Me!
Message 12 of 13 (2,187 Views)

I need some help with my printer. Can you help?

All of a sudden, whenever someone scans and emails a PDF file to my email, when I go to print it, it is all filled in with black and is completely unable to be read.

I have tried to change settings and uninstall and update and everything. I am lost as to what to do.

Can you help?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
luluexchange
Message 13 of 13 (2,187 Views)

Please try this.
1. UnCheck - Enable Bidirectional Support
2. Quiet Mode Disable.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation