03-30-2012 12:00 PM - edited 04-04-2012 05:42 PM
HP SOFTWARE AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE IN IT PERFORMANCE 2012—OFFICIAL RULES
No purchase necessary
The HP Software Awards of Excellence in IT Performance recognize the exemplary use of HP IT Performance Suite to operate a secure, seamless IT environment and deliver business results that matter.
Applications must be submitted online: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MNRLDZB by Monday, April 23, 2012.
A panel of judges will evaluate submissions and select winners based on the following guidelines:
Nominees must be using one or more components of the HP IT Performance Suite as the foundation of a comprehensive performance system. The system will have delivered measurable improvements in IT performance through key IT initiatives such as:
- Application transformation initiatives that enable organizations to build applications faster, and manage them to optimize business value and reduce maintenance costs
- Converged infrastructure initiatives that drive out cost and build a foundation for agile service delivery
- Enterprise security initiatives that touch people, processes, technology, and content to protect assets, resources, and customer data and to meet regulatory mandates
- Information optimization initiatives that harness the power of information by discovering and governing it across the enterprise and turning it into insight that drives effective business decisions and innovation
- Hybrid delivery initiatives that strategically blend traditional, private cloud, public cloud, and outsourcing models to make sure the business is getting the best service at the best price all the time
Special consideration will be given to the following types of projects:
- HP Project and Portfolio Management Center may have been implemented.
- Several HP solution centers have been implemented and integrated using HP Operations Orchestration software, HP Universal CMDB software, etc.
- Business benefits are quantified and measured through defined KPIs and performance targets.
- The solution bridges functional silos (such as operations or application development)
- The solution connects business and IT stakeholders and cascades performance improvements throughout the enterprise.
You can increase your chances of winning by:
- Including IT and business metrics in your submission to support claims of performance improvement/excellence
- Linking IT performance improvements to the business results that really matter—to the end customer, to the shareholder, for the environment, etc.
The judges may request additional information from any of the entrants prior to making a determination.
*The number of prizes awarded will depend on the quality of the projects submitted.
HP will spotlight the winners at HP Discover 2012 in Las Vegas. Selected companies will receive:
- Spotlight recognition at HP Discover 2012 on June 4 – 7 in Las Vegas, Nevada
- One complimentary pass to HP Discover 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada (Travel costs are the responsibility of the winning companies.) This USD 1,795 value is not redeemable for cash.
- An HP Software Awards of Excellence trophy
- An awards ceremony on your company site in the weeks following HP Discover 2012, to recognize the success of your team
Each winning company must agree to:
- Allow HP to include the winning company’s name and logo on lists of HP Software customers and in references to the HP Software Awards of Excellence 2012. Lists may be by industry, product, or geographic location. The company name or logo may appear on presentation slides, printed brochures, signage, or websites.
- Allow HP to develop a customer success story and quotation and to use in the promotion of the HP Software Awards of Excellence at HP Discover 2012. The story or quotation may appear on a presentation slide, printed brochure or signage, or website.
- Participate in a “Backstage @ Discover” podcast interview during HP Discover 2012 in Las Vegas.
HP will notify the winners of the HP Software Awards of Excellence 2012 by mail, email, and/or telephone on or about May 15, 2012. Judges' decisions are final. No substitution will be made for prizes as offered. Taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. Prizes are not transferable. The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws. Each entrant warrants that its submission is original and that the entrant has all ownership rights. HP reserves the right to use any and all information related to this awards contest, including information on entrants obtained through the awards contest, for marketing purposes or any other purposes, unless prohibited by law. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that all entry data becomes the property of HP and will not be returned.
The contest is open to HP customers located in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia; Canada, excluding Quebec; Latin America and the Caribbean Region, Europe, the Middle East and Africa; and Asia Pacific who complete the survey on or before April 23, 2012. Employees of Hewlett-Packard Corporation and/or their affiliates, agents, advertising, promotion, and production agencies, and members of their immediate families or those with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible.
HP business partners are not allowed to submit nominations on behalf of their customers; rather, the customer must submit on its own behalf. Implementations must be fully integrated or in production for at least 6 months.
Odds of winning are determined by the total number of eligible entries received. A purchase will not increase one's chances of winning.
By entering, participants release Hewlett-Packard Corporation, and its officers, employees, agents, and affiliates with respect to the use of the prizes awarded herein, agree to be bound by these rules, and consent to the use of their names and likenesses for advertising and/or promotional and/or marketing purposes without additional compensation. Hewlett-Packard Corporation is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information including, but not limited to, technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, entry materials that have been tampered with, or mail in entries that are illegible, late, lost, damaged, postage due, or misdirected. Hewlett-Packard Corporation is not responsible for any injury or damage to participants' or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation or downloading any material in this promotion. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. Hewlett-Packard Corporation reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this promotion if it becomes technically corrupted or if for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infections by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Hewlett-Packard Corporation, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this promotion.
This promotion shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.
Any questions related to this contest should be directed to Sarah Moody at firstname.lastname@example.org