02-03-2011 10:31 AM
No purchase necessary
Independent judges will be looking for the best exemplary usage of an HP solution, or for an implementation that has truly demonstrated how an IT organization has used HP software solutions to deliver agility, optimization, risk management, and innovation to the business. The judges may request additional information from any of the entrants prior to making a determination.
HP will spotlight the winners at HP Discover 2011 in Las Vegas. Selected companies will receive:
- Spotlight recognition at HP Discover 2011 on June 6 – 10 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (HP DISCOVER is a mega-event that combines and surpasses HP Software Universe, HP Technology@Work, and HP Tech Forum.)
- One complimentary pass to HP Discover 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada (Travel costs are the responsibility of the winning companies.) This USD 1,795 value is not redeemable for cash.
- Several visual depictions of features of your company’s story at HP Discover 2011
- An HP Software Awards of Excellence trophy
- An awards ceremony on your company site in the weeks following HP Discover 2011, to recognize the success of your team
Each winning company must agree to:
- Allow HP to include the winning company’s name and logo on lists of HP Software customers and in references to the HP Software Awards of Excellence 2011. Lists may be by industry, product, or geographic location. The company name or logo may appear on presentation slides, printed brochures, signage, or websites.
- Allow HP to develop a customer success story and quotation and to use in the promotion of the HP Software Awards of Excellence at HP Discover 2011. The story or quotation may appear on a presentation slide, printed brochure or signage, or website.
- Participate in the HP Customer Success Program.
- Have representatives present at the HP Software awards ceremony to be held during HP Discover 2011 (each winning company may select 1 or 2 representatives to accept the award).
HP will notify the winners of the HP Software Awards of Excellence 2011 by mail, email, and/or telephone on or about May 15, 2011. Judges' decisions are final. No substitution will be made for prizes as offered. Taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. Prizes are not transferable. The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, state, provincial, and municipal laws. Each entrant warrants that its submission is original and that the entrant has all ownership rights. HP reserves the right to use any and all information related to this awards contest, including information on entrants obtained through the awards contest, for marketing purposes or any other purposes, unless prohibited by law. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that all entry data becomes the property of HP and will not be returned.
We will consider accomplishments in key areas related to the Instant-On Enterprise, HP’s vision for helping business and government organizations use IT more powerfully.
To be eligible for an award, a project will demonstrate how an IT organization has used HP software solutions to deliver agility, optimization, risk management, and innovation to the business.*
Likely candidates include projects that address:
- Application transformation initiatives that assess aging application portfolios, modernize applications, and manage them to optimize business value and reduce maintenance costs
- Converged infrastructure initiatives that drive out cost and build a foundation for agile service delivery
- Enterprise security initiatives that touch people, processes, technology, and content to protect assets, resources, and customer data and to meet regulatory mandates
- Information optimization initiatives that harness the power of information by discovering and governing it across the enterprise and turning it into insight that drives effective business decisions and innovation
- Hybrid delivery initiatives that strategically blend traditional, private cloud, public cloud, and outsourcing models to make sure the business is getting the best service at the best price all the time
We’ll give special consideration to organizations that address multiple initiatives to move a business or government agency toward the HP vision of an Instant-On Enterprise that reinvents technology and imbeds it in the enterprise to integrate and automate the IT value chain, adopt easily and innovate rapidly, manage risk and meet environmental responsibility—and serve customers or constituents, employees, and partners with whatever they need, instantly, via any channel.
*The number of prizes awarded will depend on the quality of the projects submitted.
The contest is open to HP customers located in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia; Canada, excluding Quebec; Latin America and the Caribbean Region, Europe, the Middle East and Africa; and Asia Pacific who complete the survey on or before March 21, 2011. Employees of Hewlett-Packard Corporation and/or their affiliates, agents, advertising, promotion, and production agencies, and members of their immediate families or those with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible.
business partners are not allowed to submit nominations on behalf of their
the customer must submit on its on behalf. Implementations
must be fully integrated or in production for at least 6 months.
Odds of winning are determined by the total number of eligible entries received. A purchase will not increase one's chances of winning.
submitting an entry, participants provide HP with personal data. The data may
be transferred to HP offices and to the judges to carry out the contest. HP is
responsible for storing, processing, and transferring the data. Participants
have the right to consult and request rectification of their information as
held by HP. HP respects applicable data privacy regulations and will retain the
participants’ details only for the purposes stated herein. Please see the HP
By entering, participants release Hewlett-Packard Corporation, and its officers, employees, agents, and affiliates with respect to the use of the prizes awarded herein, agree to be bound by these rules, and consent to the use of their names and likenesses for advertising and/or promotional and/or marketing purposes without additional compensation. Hewlett-Packard Corporation is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information including, but not limited to, technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, entry materials that have been tampered with, or mail in entries that are illegible, late, lost, damaged, postage due, or misdirected. Hewlett-Packard Corporation is not responsible for any injury or damage to participants' or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation or downloading any material in this promotion. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void. Hewlett-Packard Corporation reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this promotion if it becomes technically corrupted or if for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infections by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Hewlett-Packard Corporation, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this promotion.
This promotion shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.
For the names of the prizewinners, available after June 18, 2011, visit the HP Software Community online forum.
Any questions related to this contest should be directed to Raquel Winkler.