06-12-2012 10:19 AM
Announcing the HP Software Awards of Excellence in IT Performance 2012 Winners
HP is pleased to announce the winners of its 7th annual HP Software Awards of Excellence in IT Performance. The 2012 awards recognize the exemplary use of HP IT Performance Suite to operate a secure, seamless IT environment and deliver business results that matter. Award winners were selected by an independent panel of judges.
The 2012 winners are:
- American International Group (AIG)
AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries.
AIG operates as an internal consultancy, and thus is driven to deliver business value and market agility while keeping a watchful eye on costs. AIG Created a Performance Center of Excellence (CoE) powered by HP software, which serves as an end-to-end resolution center bridging application performance engineering and monitoring.
- Evolved into innovative solution center, supporting key transformation efforts like the development of new mobile applications and global solutions to improve claims handling.
- Avoided $11 million in costs annually by optimizing IT performance
- Baker Hughes
Baker Hughes Inc. is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. A looming upgrade to the global SAP ERP system and the need to integrate a newly acquired company spurred Baker Hughes to shore up its testing infrastructure and methodologies.
- Established global Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) that spans onshore and offshore resources in 24 locations around the world.
- Implemented HP software to empower the TCoE with automated testing and test lab provisioning.
Key Outcome: Achieved 100 percent on-time delivery of SAP and other critical applications—some revenue-generating—that help customers create value from oil and gas reservoirs.
- BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon is a global leader in Investment Management and Investment Services, and has a presence in 36 countries and 100 markets. Operational excellence and innovation are two ways BNY Mellon drives business performance in a challenging economic environment.
- Implemented HP PPM to reduce project costs and prioritize projects that deliver the most business value
- Created a Performance Engineering Center of Excellence (CoE)—powered by HP Performance Center and HP BSM—that improves quality and speeds time-to-market.
- Gained ability to focus 60 percent of project effort on innovation
- Through improvements in operating margins and availability/performance, contributed to greater shareholder value and an outstanding customer experience.
- Cardinal Health
As the business behind healthcare, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals, and ambulatory care sites focus on patient care while reducing costs, improving efficiency and quality, and increasing profitability. Cardinal Health needed to optimize the quality and performance of business systems, including the cardinal.com site and 50-60 order flow applications that generate over two-thirds of the company’s revenue.
Solution: Implemented HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) on SaaS and HP Application Performance Management (APM) on SaaS
- Gained confidence in the systems required to deliver the right pharmaceuticals, medical products, and services, to the right pharmacies and hospitals, at the right time—ultimately improving patient outcomes.
- Doubled staff productivity by converting to HP Software-as-a-Service.
Savvis, a CenturyLink company, is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises.The company’s successful cloud business had outgrown the historically developed, in-house solutions for monitoring, configuration management, provisioning, and ticketing.
Solution: Implemented HP Business Service Automation solution to run its operations and cloud business. Also HP SiteScope for global URL monitoring.
- Gained competitive advantage through faster time-to-market of new cloud products used by more than 30 of the top 100 companies in the Fortune 500.
- Using HP Operations Orchestration, quickly built and delivered new revenue-generating cloud products at 50 percent cost savings (vs. traditional development methods).
Privately held Telconet is the largest ISP in Ecuador, serving 6,000 corporate and 4,000 residential customers. The company offers video, voice over IP (VoIP), and data communications over its owned and leased fiber optic network. Telconet customers (businesses, government, local ISPs, and international carriers) all require stable, highly available telecommunication services to conduct their business.
Solution: Implemented HP Network Management Center and HP Application Performance Management (formerly HP BAC) driving alignment with ITIL best practices
- Reduced downtime and service degradation by 30 percent due to proactive management.
- Expanded market share by 30 percent since last year, due in part to positive references from satisfied customers.
Winning companies were recognized during HP Discover 2012 inLas Vegas,Nevada. The HP Software Awards of Excellence are offered semiannually at HP Discover events.