Storage Mirroring - Application Manager Exchange 2007 (996 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Dogga
Message 1 of 1 (996 Views)

Storage Mirroring - Application Manager Exchange 2007

[ Edited ]

Hey

Our exchange server is protected using storage manager and application manager. I have test the failover/failback buttons in our test environment and everything worked well.

I need to test our DR exchange server as part of our new quarterly test regime and it seems a lot of trouble and time to click the failover button just to see if I can open a mailbox from the DR Exchange server. I would have to alert the business of the outage, hope the failover works correctly, then fail it back over to production exchange server.

I know which parts in AD I have to change for the user using ADSIedit and I for DNS ill just put a host file entry on the desktop I am testing from to point host name of Production exchange server to IP of DR exchange server. I am not concerned about mail flow from the outside world because external mail hits a trend SPAM server first. I think I'm pretty close to getting this to working(playing in TEST environment) I just need to know what else I need to configure to get this working without clicking on the Failover button.

There must be a way to do this because from what I can tell all the failover button does is run a powershell script that modifies a few things in AD and DNS. I just need to know what so i can perform these manually.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

David

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation