upgrade BAC 7.5x to BSM 9.12 questions ? (492 Views)
Advisor
Makrerm
Message 1 of 2 (492 Views)
Accepted Solution

upgrade BAC 7.5x to BSM 9.12 questions ?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I ‘am little bit confused about database configuration information needed during staging upgrade from BAC 7.5x to BAC 8.x and then from BAC 8.x to BSM 9.12 and the steps that I should follow, during this upgrade I will only migrate BPM and SiteScope data so here are my questions :

Staging Upgrade from BAC 7.5x to BAC 8.x

-          Is it necessary to have BAC 7.55 installed to perform this upgrade ?

-          What are the steps that I should follow when upgrading from BAC 7.5x to BAC 8.x on staging environment?

-          What are the database connection information needed for the upgrade process ? do we need the information for the production environment or should I create new databases and schema and then I should connect to them ?

-          Is it necessary to run SDR during the upgrade ?

-          Should I install the latest  service packs after  installing BAC 8.x

Direct Upgrade from BAC 8.x to BSM 9.12

-          Should I create the databases schemas before performing the upgrade process ?

-          What kind of database connection information needed for this step (production database or new database) ?

-           When should I run SDR?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Frequent Advisor
foresight
Message 2 of 2 (441 Views)

Re: upgrade BAC 7.5x to BSM 9.12 questions ?

Hi Makrerm,

-          Is it necessary to have BAC 7.55 installed to perform this upgrade ?

I don't think It's required, 7.50 will suffice.

-          What are the steps that I should follow when upgrading from BAC 7.5x to BAC 8.x on staging environment?

in a nutshell..    Replicate your database, Install BAC 8.0, BAC 8.01 and BAC 8.07, Upgrade your schema (upgrade_wizard_run.bat), deal with whatever issues arise from the DB upgrade, bring up BAC 8.07 when you are told to, wait until system is fully up and ready to log in.   Then bring it down again as you are done w v8.  Uninstall 8.07, 8.01 and then 8.00.   Make sure you keep hpbac\cmdb\adapters\adapters, hpbac\cmdb\general, hpbac\openldap\bdb folders, you will need them for the 9.1 install

-          What are the database connection information needed for the upgrade process ? do we need the information for the production environment or should I create new databases and schema and then I should connect to them ?

For staging, create new databases.   You will however need credentials to your existing produciton system to run the SDR later.

-          Is it necessary to run SDR during the upgrade ?

Not between 7.5 and 8.07.   You run SDR after upgrade to 9.12 (or 9.13 now i guess)

-          Should I install the latest  service packs after  installing BAC 8.x

I have never installed anthing beyond the major releases, 80, 801, 807.

Direct Upgrade from BAC 8.x to BSM 9.12

-          Should I create the databases schemas before performing the upgrade process ?

You use the same database that you just upgraded from 7.5.    The only exception is the opr database which is new in v9 which you need to either create in advance or let the installer create during the install.

-          What kind of database connection information needed for this step (production database or new database) ?

New

-           When should I run SDR?

Once the new 9.1x system is completely up and running and the upgrade procedure has been run on both your gateway and DP (if you have them separated).  Then go back into the \bin\upgrade_wizard_run_from75.bat from the gateway and start the SDR.   you need credentials from your original production environment to run the SDR and the data transer tool.

HTH.

./d

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.