Re: sitescope 11.23 - LDAP Authentication where the group has a space in the group name (392 Views)
Frequent Advisor
rnarasim
Message 1 of 11 (527 Views)

sitescope 11.23 - LDAP Authentication where the group has a space in the group name

We are trying to integration sitescope with AD.

Enabled LDAP Authentication in the user management settings. Left the default User Management settings i.e person for user object class and group for group object class. Set the Base DN for LDAP Context.

Mapped Admin role to another group that is sourced from AD Group. When I tried to login using the group get login failed message. This group has a space in the group name.

Just for testing used another group that I am member of and that does not have a space in the group name and this worked just fine.  Is there an issue with the space in the group name or is there a way to escape the space in the GUI?

Thanks,

-Ravi

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 11 (513 Views)

Re: sitescope 11.23 - LDAP Authentication where the group has a space in the group name

Have you tried to surround the group name with double quotes?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Frequent Advisor
rnarasim
Message 3 of 11 (504 Views)

Re: sitescope 11.23 - LDAP Authentication where the group has a space in the group name

I am using this for the user role context and yes tried that too. Din't seem to work.

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 4 of 11 (452 Views)

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, using just the name of the group. Maybe you can fill in the role context with the group DN to make it work?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Frequent Advisor
rnarasim
Message 5 of 11 (444 Views)

Nope did not work even after i provided a full dn. You are on 11.23 without any other patches right? 

Frequent Advisor
rnarasim
Message 6 of 11 (431 Views)

Kenneth:

Further debugging, looks like I am the only one from the group that I was troubleshooting had issues with access.

So basically the LDAP Group that has space in it seems to work and I have checked few members of the group and the roles seems to be mapping just fine. Is there anything that gets cached at the user to role level - which could be the issue that I am seeing? If so how do i troubleshoot it and what would clear it?

Thanks,

-Ravi

Frequent Advisor
rnarasim
Message 7 of 11 (418 Views)

Kenneth:
There seems to be something definitely with the roles cached :(. I checked this morning and seems like my role is getting mapped properly. So would like to know how to check/troubelshoot and be able to clear this up.

Thanks,

-Ravi

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 8 of 11 (407 Views)

I don't think there is any caching for LDAP auth as query is sent always during auth attempt. Does that user belong to more than one AD group?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

Frequent Advisor
rnarasim
Message 9 of 11 (401 Views)

yes many groups and so are the other memebers of the group for whom the access was working. is there a limit on the groups or some such? is there any way to enable a trace to see the ldap query attempted to troubleshoot?

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 10 of 11 (399 Views)

There are some issues with multiple groups: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/SiteScope-Support-Customer-Forum/LDAP-permissions-issue/m-p/6437938#M35...
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

Frequent Advisor
rnarasim
Message 11 of 11 (392 Views)

I saw the issue you are referring to in this article. Then i have decided to map only one AD group to a role in SIS. There is currently one AD group that is mapped and saw this issue while i was inflight meddling with quotes and adding and removing AD groups to role mapping. It will be good know about enabling a trace so that I don't have go crazy to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,

-Ravi

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.