Re: sitescope 11.22 LDAP Authentication question (1132 Views)
Frequent Advisor
ritshett
Message 1 of 7 (1,166 Views)
Accepted Solution

sitescope 11.22 LDAP Authentication question

Hello Admins,

I am trying to test upgrade of sitescope 10.14 to sitescope 11.22 but i have this LDAP authentication question in mind. i'm sure that the existing LDAP config in sis10.14 will not work in 11.22.

My LDAP config in sis 10.14

i provide values to the below attributes

Display Name

Login Name

LDAP Service Provider: [LDAP-SSL]LDAP://ldap.ad.comapny.com:636

LDAP Security Principal: uid=username,ou=group, o=company

Group: Sitescope group

it works fine. But the same concept is not present in sitscope 11.22 .  in 11.22, it asks for the below

LDAP Server URL : this will be same as above.

LDAP credentials
LDAP Context

Another tab, about LDAP User Management Advance settings as a mandate field.

LDAP  User ObjectClass

LDAP user Identical attribute

LDAP group objectClass

I just want to replicate the same settings that i configured in 10.14.Could some one help me in filing the LDAP UserManagement Advance settings. 

Second question, Did anyone did the upgrade having LDAP authentication like the given config :) 

Thanks,

Rithick.

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 7 (1,132 Views)

Re: sitescope 11.22 LDAP Authentication question

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Your LDAP setup will work as in 11.1x and higher you can setup classic LDAP (yours) and new setup integration. Good thing about new integration is that it grabs all users from the domain and them automatically assings roles (that holds SiS permissions) when you create and map them to the contexts of LDAP groups. There is no need to manually create each user and specify the LDAP provider and their Distiguish Name one by one; yet it can be done as I said. 

Attaching a doc that explains new LDAP integration. 

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Frequent Advisor
ritshett
Message 3 of 7 (1,124 Views)

Hello Kenneth Gonzalez,

For now i want to proceed testing by adding the classic LDAP authentication. Can you help me out in configuring the classic way rather than new LDAP configuration.

Thanks,

Rithick

Frequent Advisor
ritshett
Message 4 of 7 (1,123 Views)

BTW, Thanks  for the new LDAP configuration document.

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 5 of 7 (1,117 Views)

Hi,

Are you migrating the configuration form 10.14 or building it from scratch in 11.2x? If you export/import the LDAP settings should remain set as they are in 10.14.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Frequent Advisor
ritshett
Message 6 of 7 (1,115 Views)

Hi, i would like to create a new records and settings for LDAP.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 7 of 7 (1,106 Views)

Hi,

When you manually create users in 11.2x they still have LDAP provider (server url) and LDAP Principal (Distinguish name) fields you can populate them as you did in 10.1x

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.