Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space in BSM 9.22 (549 Views)
Frequent Advisor
talwarri
Message 1 of 6 (551 Views)

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space in BSM 9.22

Hi Experts,

BSM 9.22 on Linux went down and I checked topaz_all.ejb.log and found below error:

2013-07-26 08:23:43,497 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-81] (Http11Protocol.java:604) ERROR - Error reading request, ignored
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space.

jvm_statistics.log is attached.

I restarted the service ans the issue got resolved, but could you help and tell how this problem can be avoided in future.

Thanks in advance

Frequent Advisor
talwarri
Message 2 of 6 (549 Views)

Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space in BSM 9.22

jvm_statistics.log attached

Regular Advisor
SuperCoolNothin
Message 3 of 6 (174 Views)

Just to reassure you, the same problem exists with 9.24. Got the very same thing this morning. Did you ever get a permanent fix for it?

HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 4 of 6 (168 Views)

Hi SuperCoolNothin,

just posting this (very generic) error message without ANY additional information is like yelling in the forrest and expecting the the one tree moves.

You need to tell us where exactly you see the error (what path/log), and when, and what process fails with it,
also the server deployment, then it might be possible to give you an answer.

I'm not aware of any generic bug in 9.24 which makes a certain process to fail with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I also would recommend to open a new thread for this, as the old one is more than one year old and there never was anything realyy helpful posted.

Greetings
Siggi

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Regular Advisor
SuperCoolNothin
Message 5 of 6 (166 Views)

Siggi,

Did you climb out of bed the wrong side this morning?

Generally when I hit an issue in BSM I do my research first. Startinf with Google, and if the results point me to a thread, no matter how old, that has NOT been resolved then I figure it would be good to get an update from the OP, and from the commmunity to show the issue has been fixed.

The post indicated I had the SAME issue as the OP, so why bother reposting the EXACT same text, again? Pointless.

Thank you for your most helpful post, I'll scuttle of and repost a new request for a solution, for a problem that seems to have been occurring for over a year without a resolution for some of us. BTW, what the heck was all that "forrest" stuff about?

HP Expert
Siggi Gladitsch
Message 6 of 6 (150 Views)

Hi SuperCoolNothin,

nono, my night was perfect, and the morning including getting up as well, so no problems here ;-)

My comment was simply base don the fact that you can see the OOM message in dozens or hundreds of places within BSM, and each one can have a different origin, and thus needs to e handled differently.

As Asaf already mentioned, only having a log file with the error and the full path of it enables us to tell you were something needs to be changed.

If Nanny fails with OOM, it will not be helpful at all if we give ther DBLoader more JVM Heap space, right?

Regarding the "forrest" stuff, I'm German, and we have our own phrases to comment certain situations, like people from the UK, US or India or wherever have.

Greetings

Siggi

HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.