Re: how to extend timeout value for executing remote command on script monitor in sitescope (341 Views)
Occasional Advisor
NanNan_2
Message 1 of 4 (382 Views)
Accepted Solution

how to extend timeout value for executing remote command on script monitor in sitescope

I built a script monitor to send remote command to remote server. it failed to execute the command: /home/dsb/bin/alert_logsurf;echo "all done" on remote: xxxx.com, timeout

I checked runmonitor.log and got the below error:

Mon Mar 11 15:48:35 CET 2013 Connection timed out(V2) com.mercury.sitescope.util.ssh.exception.SSHV2TimedOutException: Reading from server timed out. Time spent on reading = 60001 threshold = 60000 Reading from server timed out. Time spent on reading = 60001 threshold = 60000

The SSH connection has no problem.

The time to execute the command is long, more than 70 sec.

How to extend the threashold (currently it is 60 sec according to the log) ?

BTW, I have tried, the setting in general preference->ssh preference doesn't work for this case.

Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 2 of 4 (366 Views)

Re: how to extend timeout value for executing remote command on script monitor in sitescope

Hi NanNan_2

I just had a quick dig through the master.config file on this end, the following seems like it might have something to do with your error:

_serverReadRefresh=60000

_processPoolKillTimeout=60000

The following might be worth a try:

- Make a backup of your $SIS_HOME\groups\master.config file

- Edit your $SIS_HOME\groups\master.config file and change _serverReadRefresh=60000 to a higher value

- Restart Sitescope and test again

If that had no effect, either restore your master.config file and repeat the above for line _processPoolKillTimeout=60000, or change this line in addition to the previous change you made.

Hope this helps.

Occasional Advisor
NanNan_2
Message 3 of 4 (355 Views)

Re: how to extend timeout value for executing remote command on script monitor in sitescope

Hi dcsbeemer,

The both parameters don't work.

anyway, thanks.

Occasional Advisor
NanNan_2
Message 4 of 4 (341 Views)

Finnaly , _UNIXSSHTimeoutSeconds works on this issue with Help of HP support.

Br, Charlotte

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.