Re: creating SLA from OM monitoring (363 Views)
Frequent Advisor
switchblaze
Message 1 of 7 (380 Views)

creating SLA from OM monitoring

Hi,

I am trying to create an SLA (in BSM 9.10) that contains CI from OM 9.00 monitoring, the problem is, I couldn't find any business rule related to CPU, Disk, File System HI (for the System Performance KPI), the only rules that is shown in the SLA wizard is from Sitescope which I dont use for this scenario. I have also already tried to use the API sample rule by copy-pasting the example from the help menu to the "KPI Calculation Script" field (in the SLA creation wizard), but in the report, it shows "no data", can you help me? I am in a tight deadline.. 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 2 of 7 (363 Views)

Re: creating SLA from OM monitoring

In SLM there is a default rule called: HI Availability. it will calculate the SLM HI based on the Service Health HI status. it is useful for "availability" HIs rather than "performance" HIs.

You need to make sure that HIs were assigned correctly to your CIs, that's the 1st thing I suggest to validate.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
switchblaze
Message 3 of 7 (360 Views)

Hi, Asaf

Thank you for your relply,

But, my if my customer wants me to create an SLA based on CPU and disk load measurement, its not valid to map that CI into HI availability right? As I know, if we map the CPU load CI into the HI availability rule, the result will always be 100%, because, its always "available to be used, unless that CPU is broken.. is that right? thats why I need another business rule to measure the performance, not the availability
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 4 of 7 (358 Views)

No, you are wrong.

Please read the documentation of this rule.

the reason I won;t recommend to use this rule for "performance" measurements in SLM is the lack of data granularity, so the results can be misleading.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
switchblaze
Message 5 of 7 (354 Views)

Okay, thank you so much for your response.. But I want to know how to make the "HI Availability" rule applied to the all CIs automatically? Lets say I have a CI named "server1" and server 1 has "CPU", "Disk" and "Memory" as it's child CIs, how to make the rule applied to the CPU, Disk, and Memory automatically? After all this time, I manually added the rule one by one, because in the wizard it only apply the rul to the parent CI (Server1).. could you please help me Asaf? thanks again..
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Asaf Shechter
Message 6 of 7 (342 Views)

Did you read about HI Assignments? It is well documented...

If you still have difficulties, let me know.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 7 of 7 (327 Views)

Asaf, Just to conmfirm. The HI Availability business rule is tagged to "node status" health indicator name which in turn is associated with system availabaility KPI. So now I should use system availabaility KPI in SLA to get the SLM report for OM managed CI/servers. Is this correct?

Is the HI availability rule giving me real time data from service health?

I can see all my OMW CI's are showing as 100% for system availability and system performance KPI. Thinking that the data I see is incorrect. 

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation