Re: bpm message forwarding (574 Views)
Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 1 of 6 (580 Views)

bpm message forwarding

Hi,

We have configured BPM and message from bpm are getting forwarded to omw server through opcmsg

we have passed below in run executable

"C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\bin\opcmsg.exe" severity=critical application=WEB1_APP1_1F msg_text="Availability is less than 90 percent for WEB1_APP1_Login" object="Transaction Availability Alert" node=EMSDP001 msg_grp=WINDOWSSPI_DISCOVERY -option txn_name="WEB1_APP1_Login"

Now challange is that we are passing only hard coded value..Can we passed variable like for txn_name it will automatcally get transaction name or actual meesage in the event

Please suggest

Points will be awarded

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
Trusted Contributor
Dave D.
Message 2 of 6 (574 Views)

Re: bpm message forwarding

Hi, this information is available in the BAC "Alerts" document, as well as in the online help.  I've copied/pasted the available variables below:

<<Actual Details>>: A description of actual conditions at the time of the event
<<Data Collector Name>>: The name of the host machine that ran the transactions that triggered the event
<<Group Name>>: The name of the organization specified during installation
<<Location Name>>: The location of the host machine, specified during Business Process Monitor installation, that ran the transactions that triggered the event
<<Script Name>>: The name of the script containing the transactions that triggered the event
<<Transaction Error>>: A description of the error that the script generated, if an error occurred at the time of the event
<<Transaction Name>>: The transaction name specified in the script
<<Transaction Time>>: The time when the event was triggered

HTH.

Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 3 of 6 (567 Views)

Hi Dave,

Right  i tried with the above options but it was not working

Please find below after using above commands

"C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\bin\opcmsg.exe" severity=critical application=WEB1_APP1_1F msg_text="<<Actual Details>>" object="Transaction Availability Alert" node=EMSDP001 msg_grp=WINDOWSSPI_DISCOVERY -option txn_name="<<Transaction Time>>"

the command excutes sucessfully but when i see it in OMU i get msg_text as "Actual details" only  instead of actual message

Please let me know where exactly i am doing wrong?

Thanks

Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
Esteemed Contributor
krishnarajapantula
Message 4 of 6 (560 Views)

Hi Parkar,

Not sure this is related to your query or not.

You can create a forwarding rule and can send the control transfer to OMU. So that all event from BPM will be forwarded to OMU. And in BPM alerts you can mention what ever fields you want to send. then i think you can send the details what exactly you want to send.

I don't think the attributes " transaction error", "actual detials" will work out side of the EUM alerts.

with Regards,

Krishna Rajapantula.

Esteemed Contributor
Pradeep_30
Message 5 of 6 (558 Views)

Did you try using a batch file as intermediary? I believe this you trying to do in BAC 8.x

HTH
Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 6 of 6 (556 Views)

Hi krishna,

we are using bac 8.x so message forwarding policy how it is useful ?

Hi Pradeep,

Can u please explain  how to use a batch file as intermediary in my scenario ?

Cheers!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.