Working with BAC Tooltips (84 Views)
Regular Advisor
Adam Westrich
Message 1 of 3 (84 Views)

Working with BAC Tooltips

BAC 7.55

Hello Experts,

Looking for assistance on cloning BAC tooltips.  My understanding is the heirarchy is as follows: KPI > Business Rule (ID) > Tooltip (ID).  So the tooltip must have the same ID as the tooltip.  When a tooltip is overridden, it overrides the factory settings; that makes sense.  But when cloning a tooltip, how can I attach it to a business rule. 

The BAC help says: "Note: Change the name of the tooltip you have cloned to make sure you attach the cloned tooltip and not the original tooltip to a specific rule. "  But after I clone a tooltip, it only allows me to change the description and not the name. 

Any ideas for how I can clone a tooltip and attach it to a business rule.

Kind regards,

Adam

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 2 of 3 (81 Views)

Re: Working with BAC Tooltips

Adam,

As you already found out business rule and tooltip are tied together by the same ID. So if memory serves me in v7.5 you need to clone your rule first. The cloned rule will get a new ID. This also should result in a new tooltip cloned with the same ID in the Tooltip repository.

Regular Advisor
Adam Westrich
Message 3 of 3 (64 Views)

Re: Working with BAC Tooltips

That's correct but there's also an option within the tooltips repository to clone them.  When I clone a factory tooltip it creates a new entry called "<tooltipID>.1".  My question is what is this tooltip associated with after I clone it?  Where is it accessible?

Adam

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.