Weblogic 11.g configuration in Sitescope (729 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Bikashchand
Message 1 of 8 (729 Views)

Weblogic 11.g configuration in Sitescope

Hi All,

Could you please guide me  how to configure  weblogic 11g in sitescope 11.22 version? I follw these below step but no luck.

1.Select the Monitors context. In the monitor tree, right-click a group, select New > Monitor, and select the JMX monitor

2. placed  service:jmx:iiop://<host>:<port>//jndi/weblogic.management.mbeanservers.runtime  in JMX URL box.

3.User name and password in required fields.

4.enter the wlfullclient.jar in the Additional Classpath field.

E:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\server\lib\wlfullclient.jar

when i click on getcounter field i am getting error message.

Error messaage:

Error 31008
Error getting counters : Error receiving browse data&colon; java.lang.Exception: JMX connection exception (service:jmx:iiop:rsattiawlcph19:7001/jndi/weblogic.management.mbeanservers.runtime)

Thanks

Bikash

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 8 (720 Views)

Re: Weblogic 11.g configuration in Sitescope

Please post your error.log to check relevant part of error message.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
HP Expert
Gunnar_L
Message 3 of 8 (718 Views)

Hi Bikash,

Did you try to connect with your weblogic using Jconsole before to try with SiS?

Please go to SiteScope\Java\bin execute the Jconsole.exe file and try to connect from there.

Please let us know the outcome.

Best Regards,

Gunnar López
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Occasional Contributor
Bikashchand
Message 4 of 8 (707 Views)

Hi Gunnar, trying to connect from SiteScope\Java\bin execute the Jconsole.exe file and getting error message. steps: choose remoteprocess and pass the text value like: service:jmx:iiop://hostname:7001//jndi/weblogic.management.mbeanservers.runtime step2: Username and password. step 3: press on connect button error message: Connection failed the connection to xxx did not succeed. Please suggest. Regards Bikash
HP Expert
Gunnar_L
Message 5 of 8 (700 Views)

JMX monitor is using the methods and techniques defined for the JMX API which is a Java Technology (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/javamanagement-140525.html), both tools, SiteScope and Weblogic can use it to communicate or connect because Java is the core language used to develop these applications.

The Jconsole is an UI for the JMX API and invokes java methods to connect to other apps, those methods are the same used by the JMX monitor in SiteScope.

So based on this, if the Jconsole cannot connect to your WebLogic , the error would be the same. in SiS.

Additionally to verify the IIOP configuration, here is a list of other stuff to check:

1. Ports, if are correct, if are open or maybe blocked by Firewall

2. Network issues, routing, vlan restrictions, etc.

Best Regards,

Gunnar López
HP Support
Occasional Advisor
Anil Kumar Kota
Message 6 of 8 (484 Views)

Hi, I am facing the below issues on getting counters.

Error 31008
Error getting counters :
Error receiving browse data&colon; java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

I increased the Timeout seconds to 3000, but still same issue. Any Idea what is the probleem.

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 7 of 8 (474 Views)

Anil,

This error happens when there are too much counters to parse. Use Domain filter to reduce amount of counters to read.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Advisor
OpenView_Mike
Message 8 of 8 (456 Views)

Kenneth:

Unfortunately, the examples for Domain Filter in the SiteScope online help are cryptic at best, and the examples are not really relevant to the MBeans typically monitored via JMX.

I've asked several HP Technical Support people via cases how to get HoggingThreadCount in the Domain Filter, but have not received one valid response.

Can you please help with this example domain filter to get this specific MBean?

Hogging Thread Count

The threads that are being held by a request right now. These threads will either be declared as stuck after the configured timeout or will return to the pool before that. The self-tuning mechanism will backfill if necessary.

MBean Attribute:

ThreadPoolRuntimeMBean.HoggingThreadCount

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.