Re: Vugen 11.51 Firefox TruClient + Remote XUL Extension (349 Views)
Valued Contributor
drenze
Message 1 of 3 (368 Views)

Vugen 11.51 Firefox TruClient + Remote XUL Extension

I am attempting to use Ajax TruClient for Firefox to monitor on out-of-box application (Oracle Hyperion). According to Oracle, in order to use Firefox to access Hyperion, the Remote XUL extension must be installed, so I did, and it works perfectly, as long as I have Firefox open in Develop Script mode and am running it from there.

However, when I close out Firefox and run the script from within Vugen, it fails with exactly the error I would expect to see if the extension were not installed.

When saving a script and running from outside of Firefox, are extensions also saved? Are their configurations saved, if they were made within the browser?

Thanks.

Valued Contributor
noamhasin
Message 2 of 3 (355 Views)

Re: Vugen 11.51 Firefox TruClient + Remote XUL Extension

TruClient uses a specific browser which comes together with the protocol. In order to use extension, you have to make sure that this browser contains it in his profile. I did not try it in the past, but I'm sure you can do that.

You can find direfox , and his relevant directories here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Virtual User Generator\bin\firefox\extensions

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Virtual User Generator\bin\firefox\

IF you it does not work for you let me know, and I will try to assist further

Functional Architect
Valued Contributor
drenze
Message 3 of 3 (349 Views)

Re: Vugen 11.51 Firefox TruClient + Remote XUL Extension

I imported the extension from within Vugen using Tools->TruClient General Settings->Extensions and then importing it from a file (I needed to use an older version for compatibility with the version of FF used by TruClient, so I had to download it). I can see it there when I go back in. When using FF to record the TC script from Vugen, FF runs as if the extension is installed. However, I do not see the extension when I look in that folder.

Is there maybe a different folder that it might be stored in (i.e., a folder in my %appdata%) that I may need to move it from in order to have it included?

Thanks.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.