Vugen 11.51 Firefox TruClient + Remote XUL Extension (515 Views)
Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (515 Views)

Vugen 11.51 Firefox TruClient + Remote XUL Extension

I am attempting to use Ajax TruClient for Firefox to monitor on out-of-box application (Oracle Hyperion). According to Oracle, in order to use Firefox to access Hyperion, the Remote XUL extension must be installed, so I did, and it works perfectly, as long as I have Firefox open in Develop Script mode and am running it from there.

However, when I close out Firefox and run the script from within Vugen, it fails with exactly the error I would expect to see if the extension were not installed.

When saving a script and running from outside of Firefox, are extensions also saved? Are their configurations saved, if they were made within the browser?

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
Message 2 of 5 (502 Views)

Re: Vugen 11.51 Firefox TruClient + Remote XUL Extension

TruClient uses a specific browser which comes together with the protocol. In order to use extension, you have to make sure that this browser contains it in his profile. I did not try it in the past, but I'm sure you can do that.

You can find direfox , and his relevant directories here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Virtual User Generator\bin\firefox\extensions

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Virtual User Generator\bin\firefox\

IF you it does not work for you let me know, and I will try to assist further

Regards,
Noam

Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (496 Views)

I imported the extension from within Vugen using Tools->TruClient General Settings->Extensions and then importing it from a file (I needed to use an older version for compatibility with the version of FF used by TruClient, so I had to download it). I can see it there when I go back in. When using FF to record the TC script from Vugen, FF runs as if the extension is installed. However, I do not see the extension when I look in that folder.

Is there maybe a different folder that it might be stored in (i.e., a folder in my %appdata%) that I may need to move it from in order to have it included?

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (97 Views)

find below procedure to monitor XUL application:

Make sure the remote extension is not installed
Add Evaluate JavaScript step at the beginning of your script
Paste the following code to it. Replace www.google.com with your URL

Components.utils.import("resource://gre/modules/Services.jsm");
Services.perms.add(Services.io.newURI("http://www.google.com", null, null), "allowXULXBL", 1);

Run the script

Regards,
Noam

Valued Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (73 Views)

When I do this, I get: "Evaluate JavaScript... failed - exception occurred; NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND Component returned failure code 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) (nslXPCComponents_Utils.import)."

I assume that this means the `resource://gre/modules/Se​rvices.jsm`.  Thoughts?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.