Use sitescope to verify Jboss 6.1 application is running (731 Views)
Occasional Contributor
TCSTJ
Message 1 of 4 (731 Views)

Use sitescope to verify Jboss 6.1 application is running

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to determine how to configure a monitor to verify Jboss 6.1 app is running, which resides on a windows server. There is a credentials form involved. How do I set this up?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS- This thread has been moved from Live with HP Experts >Mobile Apps Development - December 2013 to Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum- Forum Moderator

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 4 (673 Views)

Re: Use sitescope to verify Jboss 6.1 application is running

Hi,

There are multiple approaches for monitoring this:

1. Checking GUI of App. Use URL sequence or Webscript monitor. URL monitors have credentials field or you can directly post them into variables.
2. Checking the java process for JBoss with Service monitor
3. Checking some MBeans via JMX if enabled on JBoss. Use JMX monitor
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Occasional Contributor
TCSTJ
Message 3 of 4 (645 Views)

I was provided a URL to the applciation as well as an (ID/PW) to log onto the JBOSS AS 6.1 applciation, but haven't been able to successfully get logged onto the applciation.  The requerster of this monitor has explicityly staed that that they want me to log onto the applciation to validate it's operational.

The TECHNICAL support staff stated that I need to consider a JMX moniotr, will this provide me the ability to validate the applciation is available as opposed to monitoring the services?

The main URL provided gets redirected with a form of some sort to log on, however the SS tranwizard doesn't seem to pick up on the form values for me to select and perform a post against.  

I'n fairly new with the product and have high hopes HP can guide me through a solution.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Terrence  

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 4 of 4 (634 Views)

If you are unable to setup URL Sequence monitor for this you may consider using Webscript monitor.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.