Re: Two dns names responding to a IP. Sitescope Monitors Integration problems... (215 Views)
Occasional Advisor
marchur
Message 1 of 3 (237 Views)

Two dns names responding to a IP. Sitescope Monitors Integration problems...

Hi there...

In my installation, i have a Host with one IP, which is listening to 2 different dns (dns1, dns2) . I deployed the SO Template to monitor that host with the hostname dns1...and, after hours waiting the KPI's to appear i decided to investigate... In RTSM, i filtered with the hostname dns1, and no MonitoredBy SitescopeMonitors appeared... Then i filtered by the IP adress, and...for my surprise, another host (i didn't knew it) appeaded related to the same IP.

This second host (dns2), is related to all my 5 SiteScope monitors deployed with the template (but the host dns1). Looking at monitors properties, the attribute Target Host is, obviously dns2,...the reason because my KPI's doesn't appear.

What is the cause? Which is the criteria of SiteScope or RTSM, to relate to a dns2 host if I deployed the template pointing to dns1?

Can i perform some easy enrichment to solve it? Another clue to help me?

Thanks in advance! Greets

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
parkar
Message 2 of 3 (221 Views)

Re: Two dns names responding to a IP. Sitescope Monitors Integration problems...

in your environment why two dns responding to single ip?
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
marchur
Message 3 of 3 (215 Views)

Re: Two dns names responding to a IP. Sitescope Monitors Integration problems...

HI parkar. Thanks for answering...

I don't know why...but this is the reality... Infrastructure managers configured it...

Know any way to solve this problem? I've tryed Enrichment rules, but doesn't work at all...

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation