Re: Support Tip - BSM issue with JRE 7 update 21 (437 Views)
Valued Contributor
BrianJessen
Message 1 of 3 (591 Views)

Support Tip - BSM issue with JRE 7 update 21

Due to a security-related change in the latest release of Java Runtime Environment, JRE 7 Update 21, current versions of BSM do not support this update. Viewing of BSM is not supported on client machines with JRE 7 Update 21 (or later) installed. HP is working on patches that include support for JRE 7u21 for BSM versions 9.13x and 9.2x, and they will be available soon.

We apologize for an inconvenience, and we are working diligently to get these patches out as soon as possible.

Workarounds available:
Option #1 - Navigate between the pages from the ‘site map’ instead of navigating directly between the tabs.
Option #2 – uninstall the JRE 7u21 to the recommend version - JRE 7u17

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Occasional Visitor
DanTanguay
Message 2 of 3 (442 Views)

Re: Support Tip - BSM issue with JRE 7 update 21

I am getting information from my colleagues that JRE 7 Update 25 is working fine with BSM.  Has this been verified?  Is there a certification process for the client side JREs?

Very curious if there are similar questions/issues with other HP tools such as uCMDB, APM, and SM.

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 3 of 3 (437 Views)

Re: Support Tip - BSM issue with JRE 7 update 21

>>>I am getting information from my colleagues that JRE 7 Update 25 is working fine with BSM.  Has this been verified?

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Application-Perf-Mgmt-BAC-BSM/Patch-Release-of-BSM-09-22-IP-2/m-p/61756...

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.