Re: Sitescope monitor for mail - Getting statistics (309 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Stephen Kirven
Message 1 of 5 (326 Views)

Sitescope monitor for mail - Getting statistics

Hi,

I'm trying to get monitoring against a POP3 mailbox using Sitescope. I'd like to be able to telnet to port 110, and then autheniticate, and run the STATS command, and interpret the results. Has anyone done such a thing? I've played around a little with a script, but wanted to see if there was something out of the box I'm not seeing.

Thanks,
Stephen

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 5 (322 Views)

Re: Sitescope monitor for mail - Getting statistics

Hi,

Check docs for Mail monitor, it supports POP3.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Frequent Advisor
Stephen Kirven
Message 3 of 5 (320 Views)

[ Edited ]

Kenneth,

I have. There's no accounting for the response of the STAT command. The documentation makes mention of STAT being called. However, you don't see that as part of the monitor result, and therefore, you can't make a threshold such that if Message Count > 5 then alert, or what have you.

Thanks,

Stephen

ETA - I've gotten it working more so in the VuGen tool which would corrleate to BPMs, but it would be my preference to use Sitescope.

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 4 of 5 (309 Views)

You're right if yo need such specific counters you may head for custom monitor instead.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Frequent Advisor
Stephen Kirven
Message 5 of 5 (258 Views)

Has anyone written a custom monitor for this? I've been poking around, but if someone has something, that would be great.

Thanks!

Stephen

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.