Re: Sitescope back up (707 Views)
Frequent Visitor
pa025457
Message 1 of 9 (1,502 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sitescope back up

Hello All,

I have 6 different groups and 110 monitors in that 6 groups configured; is there a way where I can take a back up and use this in another sitescope without doing nay rework

Thanks in advance for helping me on this

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
krishnarajapantula
Message 2 of 9 (1,498 Views)

Re: Sitescope back up

Hi,

Yes you can do that, In configuration wizard, export this information to a zip file and import the same in new sitescope. If your new sitescope is fresh installtion.

OLD sitescope :start-> sitescope->configuration wizard select export.

NEW sitescope: start-> sitescope-> configuration wizard-> import.

but if your new sitescope is containg some other monitors already, then you should not follow this. But if your both sitescopes are integrated to BAC then you can cut and paste the respective group from one sitescope to another sitescope in Admin-> SAM.

-krishna Rajapantula.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pwall
Message 3 of 9 (1,445 Views)

I have a necessity to move out around 1000 monitors from one server to another Sitescope Server and if I try to follow a similar procedure of export and import, will that be a problem?

Also, why is it a issue if my new sitescope has other monitors already ? Can you please explain..

Thanks

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 4 of 9 (1,438 Views)

pwall wrote:

I have a necessity to move out around 1000 monitors from one server to another Sitescope Server and if I try to follow a similar procedure of export and import, will that be a problem?

Export/import works regardless of the number of monitors configured in the source SiteScope server.

Also, why is it a issue if my new sitescope has other monitors already ? Can you please explain..

Because import operation does not merge new configuration with existing configuration. It simply overwrites everything, so if you have anything configured in the target SiteScope server you will lose all this configuration after doing import.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pwall
Message 5 of 9 (1,429 Views)

Thanks, got it.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
dsmith367
Message 6 of 9 (717 Views)

Sorry to ressurect such an old thread, but how would one go about merging two older servers into one new instance of SiteScope?  the scenario is that we have two sitescope servers (version 9.5, don't ask) the plan is to upgrade to version 10 then to the latest 11.x version.  However, the newst version will be on a single server.  Therefore I need to merge the two older ones into a single monitor database.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 7 of 9 (714 Views)

There is no way to automatically merge configurations of 2 different SiteScope servers. So in your case you can decide which of the 2 servers will be your new single server (probably the one having more stuff configured), and upgrade it to desired version. Then you upgrade the second server to the same version.

Once you are done with that you nave 2 choices. If you have BSM running you can connect both SiteScope servers to BSM and use SAM to copy/paste monitors from one SiteScope to another. If you don't have BSM, then you have no choice but recreate all the missing monitors either manually or by deploying corresponding templates (if you used/built templates for monitors on the second server).   

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
dsmith367
Message 8 of 9 (709 Views)

Dmitry Shevchenko wrote:

There is no way to automatically merge configurations of 2 different SiteScope servers. So in your case you can decide which of the 2 servers will be your new single server (probably the one having more stuff configured), and upgrade it to desired version. Then you upgrade the second server to the same version.

Once you are done with that you nave 2 choices. If you have BSM running you can connect both SiteScope servers to BSM and use SAM to copy/paste monitors from one SiteScope to another. If you don't have BSM, then you have no choice but recreate all the missing monitors either manually or by deploying corresponding templates (if you used/built templates for monitors on the second server).   

Is BSM an additional purchased product, or does that come with the SiteScope 10 or 11 installation.  I have inherited this project and know very little about SiteScope.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 9 of 9 (707 Views)

BSM is a large monitoring platform that costs additional money. So apparently it's not an option for you.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation