Sitescope Oracle Database monitor error getting counters 31008 (792 Views)
Occasional Advisor
ShwetaHooda
Message 1 of 7 (792 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sitescope Oracle Database monitor error getting counters 31008

Hi All,

I am facing issue while configuring Oracle Database monitor in sitescope for Oracle 11.2g DB

"Error 31008 Error Getting counters: API monitor

Get Class Property

The value of Attribute "name" associated with element type "null" must not contain the '<' character."

I have tried the below things:

1.Verified the access by directly login to the DB from the sitescope server.

2.Verified that the user used to setup the monitor has access to the data dictionary(verified by executing select queries on V$instance,DUAL etc.

3.Installed ODBC Driver by creating folder "C:\Oracle\instantclient_11_2" tested that the connectivity. Created the ORA file, updated the PATH environment variable, TNS_Name variable etc. Still getting the same error.

3.Copied the ojdbc5 jar file to the sitescope web-inf\lib directory and restarted the sitescope services.

Connection details used :

Database connection URL : jdbc:oracle:thin:@[HOST][:PORT]:SID
Database Driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Please find attached the error screenshot.

HP Expert
jmmirchev
Message 2 of 7 (717 Views)

Re: Sitescope Oracle Database monitor error getting counters 31008

Hi ,

Could you send us a screenshot of the monitor configuration and also confirm what is the SiS version you are using ?

This error suggests some kind of configuration issue , so let's check this first.

Thank you !

Yordan

Yordan Mirchev
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 3 of 7 (707 Views)

Hi,

Actually it seems to me that problem may be that output of the out-of-the-box Oracle queries is returning "<" character which is breaking the XML SiS needs to create to store the available counter tree. Validate this by running manually these queries that you can find in SiteScope\templates.applications\commands.oraclejdbc
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Occasional Advisor
ShwetaHooda
Message 4 of 7 (696 Views)

Hi Yordon,

Thanks for your reply.

SIS version details are : "HP SiteScope 11.20 64-bit JVM, Build 3571"

Please find attached the monitor screenshot

Occasional Advisor
ShwetaHooda
Message 5 of 7 (695 Views)

Thanks Kenneth, I have tried executing the queries mentioned above manually using sql developer portable client and they run perfectly fine. I only face issues while i try adding counters in SIS.
HP Expert
PatWest
Message 6 of 7 (675 Views)

Hi,

The upcoming Sitescope 11.24 patch addresses a specific ..

... "issue with Oracle Database monitor when counters contains "<,>" characters"

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1I95247

I would recommend to apply this patch. The release is planned soon.

Best regards,
PatW

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 7 of 7 (663 Views)

I know queries may run fine, issue is if one single of them contain "<,>" characters in the output.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.