Sitescope Monitor properties form is not available (521 Views)
Valued Contributor
ctruong
Message 1 of 6 (521 Views)

Sitescope Monitor properties form is not available

Hello,

When trying to access one of our SQL server monitor i get the following:

The Monitor 201741417 properties form is currently unavailable

I can see the monitor dashboard fine and it only error out on this one monitor. All other are fine

I see alot of the following error in error.log

2013-10-29 11:56:50,503 [HTTPRequestThread] (HTTPRequestThread.java:815) ERROR - Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException

Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
2013-10-29 12:15:34,641 [http-8080-Processor10] (RemoteProxyServlet.java:127) ERROR - UNCHECKED EXCEPTION: null
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException

Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 2 of 6 (489 Views)

Re: Sitescope Monitor properties form is not available

Hi ctruong

Think we had something similar not too long ago, but I can't quite recall how it was fixed.
Could to try copying the monitor and seeing if the same problem occurs with the new, copied monitor?
Trusted Contributor
bkserver
Message 3 of 6 (487 Views)

We've had this at 11.20 I think, but I can't tell you for sure if this has the same reason.

Solution was to override
ciSubType.xml
indicators.xml
meas2eti.xml
userDefinedCiType.xml
in
SiteScope/conf/integration/bsm
Valued Contributor
ctruong
Message 4 of 6 (474 Views)

I saw that fix for the corrupted xml.....but their problem was not able to create any new monitor or access any monitor.

My problem only exist with this one monitor.

I tried copying the monitor and the problem also exist in copied monitor. 

Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 5 of 6 (458 Views)

At this point, I'd suggest recreating the monitor.

I'm pretty sure we had the exact same issue not too long ago, but seems like we were lucky in the sense that when we copied the monitor, the new copy did not display the same problem.

Also might be worth considering upgrading your Sitescope to the latest version if you're not on 11.22. That might solve it as well, but I can't say for certain unfortunately.
Occasional Contributor
Treviso5
Message 6 of 6 (443 Views)

Has any one been able to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem with SiteScope 11.10 with my MS SQL Server Monitor. I removed counters, save, and then I am unable to access the monitors properties.  The Error Message is "The monitor 201120696 proper form is currently unavailable". The error log contains "ERROR - UNCHECKED EXCEPTION: 38" and "ERROR - UNCHECKED EXCEPTION: null"

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.