Re: Sitescope 11.12 Dashboard showing internal error:java.lang.nullPointerException on log monitorin (922 Views)
Valued Contributor
beu_deuh
Message 1 of 6 (1,029 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sitescope 11.12 Dashboard showing internal error:java.lang.nullPointerException on log monitoring.

Hi All,

I have log monitoring on sitescope 11.12 x64 and i found the problems on dashboard sitescope.

On dashboard summary of values showing that internal error:java.lang.NullPointerException.

I have been changing the frequency pulling monitor to reduce there, but if i'm reduce the frequency(less than 1 minute), problem is doesn't occur but if i'm increased more than 1 minute problems is happened.

For more details, please see my pictures attachment.

Please help me for troubleshoot this problems.

HP Expert
Battushi
Message 2 of 6 (994 Views)

Re: Sitescope 11.12 Dashboard showing internal error:java.lang.nullPointerException on log monitorin

Hello,

That problem looks like SiteScope do not have enough time to retrieve the information. As far as I know how sitescope works I would like to try to explain this situation

1- SiteScope connects to the server

2- Request for data

3- process the data

4- show the values in the dashboard

that process, for example, needs 3 minutes

Then, your problem is, Sitescope connects and request the data, but do not have enough time to process the data and you are requesting again data. That situation makes sitescope crash return an error.

Please can you provide us the monitor you're trying to configure? also can you provide us if SiteScope is for Load Testing or a regular SiteScope?

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 3 of 6 (985 Views)

Re: Sitescope 11.12 Dashboard showing internal error:java.lang.nullPointerException on log monitorin

Hi beu_deuh

Just to confirm I understand it correctly, if you reduce the frequency to less than a minute, the monitors work fine. If you increase the frequency to more than a minute, you get the error.
Does that sound more or less correct?

If so, can you please add on what type of OS the remote logfiles reside? Also add the remote server config if you can.

It might be worth setting up another test logfile monitor pointing to a smaller logfile on that server and confirming if it works fine.
If your test monitor works fine, try recreating one of the monitors from scratch (not copying and pasting) and test if the new monitor works better.
Valued Contributor
beu_deuh
Message 4 of 6 (972 Views)

Hi Shi,

I very appreciate with your opinion.

But, as I said earlier the problems is designed to reduce a frequency because with that condition dashboard is showing normal condition not error is appears and when i'm increase the frequency the problems is always happens.

For more details can you see in attachment.

I have tried to copy and create a same monitor but the problem is appear and seems intermitten.

and also i have tried  open ticket and webex with HP Support but him said we must upgrade version from 11.12 to 11.22.

is there any other solution for fixed the issue?

Valued Contributor
gtodorov
Message 5 of 6 (953 Views)

Hi Shi,

This behavior is too strange.
Change the frequency ONLY on one monitor and recreate it manually run of the monitor.

If you have 11.22 us the custom monitor DEBUG and upload teh 2 debugs working and non working here or to Battushi.

Best Regards,
Georgi
Valued Contributor
beu_deuh
Message 6 of 6 (922 Views)

Hi Shi,

Thanks before, but my customer give a decision lest, they will be monitor from operation manager doesn't using Sitescope.

As we know HP Sitescope on our customer it so old and they do not want to upgrade it.

regards,

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.