SiteScope11.22 Integration with BSM/Omi 9.23 (207 Views)
Valued Contributor
TEX2020
Message 1 of 7 (207 Views)

SiteScope11.22 Integration with BSM/Omi 9.23

Hello,

Currenlty I have integration between BSM/OMi and SiteScope.

Currently my SiteScope server OM agent has certificate server  and core authetication manager set to my BSM GW server.

When I deploy policies from SiteScope to himself it works fine, but how can I get the my OM policies deployed to the SIteScope server if the certificate server and manager are set to my BSM GW for the INTEGRATION?

Should the core authority manager be set to my OM server for this to occur?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Tex2020
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 7 (184 Views)

Re: SiteScope11.22 Integration with BSM/Omi 9.23

Hi,

As far as I understand in a distributed enviroment certificate server and manager is the DPS.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
TEX2020
Message 3 of 7 (180 Views)

Kenneth,

I have my GW server set up with DPS server as the certificate server and manager.

So when my SiteScope server gets policies it would make the request to the GW server which sends the request to DPS server which then get the policies from OM management server.

Is this the correct way for me to get my OM policies installed on my SiteScope server since I have my BSM GW server setup as the cert server and manager for the SiteScope/BSM/OMi integration?

Currently the only policies on my SiteScope server are the SiteScope Integration policies, but no OM policies as the OM agent configured on the SiteScope server does not point to an OM server.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tex2020
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 4 of 7 (177 Views)

I don't think you should be installing other polices other than integration ones, but OA in SiS servers only talks to GW server so that should be the way, as when you generate the cert request it goes to the GW and then to DPS.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 5 of 7 (175 Views)

>>>So when my SiteScope server gets policies it would make the request to the GW server which sends the request to DPS server which then get the policies from OM management server.

No, DPS will never get any policies from OM. If you want OM to deploy policies on the OM Agent installed on SiteScope, you have to have that Agent managed by OM. If you don't know how to do it - ask your OM admin. If OM and BSM trust each other (meaning you have integration between OM and BSM) it doesn't really matter which server (OM or BSM GW) will be set as the certificate server for the OM Agent.

Once you make the OM Agent managed by the OM server you will also have to deploy flexible management policy on the OM Agent, so that events from the integration policies would be sent to BSM, whereas events from your OM policies would be sent to OM. 

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
TEX2020
Message 6 of 7 (172 Views)

Dmitry,

So to confirm, For my SiteScope server to have the OM policies deployed to it, I need to have it point and trusted by an OM server, and for the events from SiteScope Integration, I need to configure and deploy a Flexible management policy to the SIteScope server so those events would be sent to BSM/OMi and Om events sent to OM, correct?

Thanks

Tex2020
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 7 of 7 (152 Views)

Correct.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation