Re: SiteScope reports not displaying (209 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Brett Folkerth
Message 1 of 5 (223 Views)

SiteScope reports not displaying

Hello,

I have recently been installing / configuring a new instance of SiS 11.23 on a Windows 2008 R2 server. I have most everything working the way I want, but I tried to generate a quick report and after specifiying the parameters, I get the pop up window, but it looks like the connection times out from the SiS server. 

There are no firewalls between the devices and I have an older SiS server (10.12 running on W2K3) and it does not have any problems displaying reports.

I did a netstat on the server and I see that the server is listening on port 8888 (which is the default port) but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Brett

HP Expert
vesst
Message 2 of 5 (215 Views)

Re: SiteScope reports not displaying

Hi Brett,

could you upload a snapshot please?
Did you deploy the monitors or monitor`s group over template? 
What kind of monitor are you using and what is the OS of the remote server?

Thank you for your effort!

Regrds,

Veselin

------------------------
Veselin Trachev
HP Software Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 3 of 5 (209 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried the report from SiS server itself or with just one monitor and check if it works?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Frequent Advisor
Brett Folkerth
Message 4 of 5 (197 Views)

The report ran from the server itself which prompted me to look at the security settings. The Windows Firewall is on and had an exception for SiteScope on port 8080 but not 8888. I added the port and the reports displayed fine. D'oh!

Thanks for the push in the right direction.

B

HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 5 of 5 (188 Views)

You're welcome. Feel free to mark this thread as solved.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.