SiteScope multi log monitor Question (128 Views)
Occasional Advisor
tony_189
Message 1 of 7 (128 Views)
Accepted Solution

SiteScope multi log monitor Question

Can we monitor a log like the below with the SiteScope multi log monitor, if yes please specify the regex, all enclosed within % are numeric variables

Example path to the log files: %SERVERNAME\G$\Enterprise Server\Logs\%YYYMMDD%\%SERVERNAME%_MAGT_%1-5%_%YYYMMDD%_%INC%.txt

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 7 (122 Views)

Re: SiteScope multi log monitor Question

Hi,

Yes, please refer to Using SiS Guide for usage of date variables in regex. Also, these posts may help:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Application-Perf-Mgmt-BAC-BSM/Sitescope-file-monitor-syntax-for-present...

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Application-Perf-Mgmt-BAC-BSM/Sitescope-file-monitor-syntax-for-past-da...
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
tony_189
Message 3 of 7 (110 Views)

Hi Ken, Thanks for your response. With the SiteScope Multi log monitor, there are two mandatory fields,

1. Log files directories:

2. File name match:

I have the below entries and it spits out the error "Log Directory not found". PLease advice.

Log File Directories: s/\\msgbb44win\G$\Enterprise Server\Logs\$year$$0month$$0day$/

File name match: /.*\.txt/

Content match: /(/[40210/])/

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 4 of 7 (107 Views)

Hi,

Can you share the actual folder name to compare if it will match your regex? Also, try to open that path from SiS server to make sure sharing is working.
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
tony_189
Message 5 of 7 (106 Views)

Below is the path, and yes I was able to access it from the SiteScope Server

\msgbb44win\g$\Enterprise Server\Logs\20140204\MSGRTPBB44VWIN_ACNV_01_20140204_0001.txt

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 6 of 7 (97 Views)

Do you select target server in drop down or SiS server? Try adding the remote and using local path not UNC
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
tony_189
Message 7 of 7 (52 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Ken,

I opened a case to HP for this, and recieved the below response/solution

After I install a new version 11.22 in my lab I reproduced the issue and then, checking the Release Notes of SiteScope 11.23, I just found that the feature was added to SiteScope 11.23, change request.

This is the ER Submitted: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1I88053

So, the solution in this case would be to install the patch 11.23 to get that functionality on the Multi log monitor.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation