SiteScope metrics per monitor type - best practices (593 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Ricardo Jorge
Message 1 of 2 (593 Views)

SiteScope metrics per monitor type - best practices

Hi there, I'm looking for "best practices" for metrics ( points ) consumption per monitor type. I mean, what's the average number of points / metrics people use per monitor type. Reading SiS Deployment Guide you can see that Solution Template uses 83 metrics for Microsoft Exchange 2010, 43 for SQL Server 2008 R2, 202 for Oracle and so on. What people use in their production SiteScope ? Any help ?

Respected Contributor
dcsbeemer
Message 2 of 2 (575 Views)

Re: SiteScope metrics per monitor type - best practices

Hi Ricardo

Looked around a bit, thought the info you want might be in the SiS metrics doc, turns out it isn't unfortunately.

From what I've found myself, the amount of points certain monitors use depend greatly on what you want monitored. If you take for instance a DB counter monitor, it could use from 1 to 100+ points, depending on how you configure the monitor itself.

On our side, we use mostly DB counter, DB query, the usual HW monitors like Ping, memory, CPU etc., process checks and for everything else, script monitors.

Hope this helps

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.