SiteScope is down with error ' Failed to get the properties for object' (180 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Rajgourav_Jain
Message 1 of 3 (180 Views)

SiteScope is down with error ' Failed to get the properties for object'

Hi,

I am using SiteScope version SiSv11.2 in our production environment. The server was powered using AWS marketplace AMI of HP Sitescope. I have created a few monitors in Sitescope and the last monitor that I created, was database query. After configuring the database query monitor for a mysql server, I tried to 'verify and save'  it. Since then my sitescope is inaccessible. I tried to restart sitescope server and I am getting following error in error.log ::

--------------

[SiteScope Main Thread] (PreferencesConfig.java:242) ERROR - Failed to get the properties for object: 200696065

-------------

Please help, how can I rectify this error and bring the sitescope up.

Thanks,

Rajgourav Jain

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Gunnar_L
Message 2 of 3 (151 Views)

Re: SiteScope is down with error ' Failed to get the properties for object'

Hi Rajgourav,

Would you please let me know how many monitor5s do you have on this SiS? Do you have integrated this SiS with other HP product like BSM?

I need to know this to send you the correct process.

Best Regards,

Gunnar López
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Battushi
Message 3 of 3 (135 Views)

Re: SiteScope is down with error ' Failed to get the properties for object'

Hello,

This error is a persistency error. When you create the new monitor something goes wrong and crashes your persistency.

There are 2 thinks you can check.

1- When you create the monitor, SiteScope do not have enough memory assigned then, when you create the monitor and run it, SiteScope crashes and restart.

Please check in SiteScope \logs\server_statistics.log  if you have enough java memory assigned.

2- Do a backup of the entire SiteScope folder with SiteScope stop. Open the persistency with persitency viewer and delete the object. However be carefull with what you delete because, if you delete something else in the persistency SiteScope cannot work anymore.

"HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation