Re: SiteScope database logging question (214 Views)
Advisor
midd91
Message 1 of 3 (254 Views)
Accepted Solution

SiteScope database logging question

Hi All,

I am wondering what group name variable is used when logging sitescope monitor information to a database. I have read the "Using SiteScope" document and it specifies the 3rd column in the normal delimited daily log file is the "ownerID", not the group's display name. However when I look up the table structure for database logging it says that the 6th column is the "groupName", but does not mention "ownerID". Does this mean "groupName" is the group's display name rather than the "ownerID"?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
kenneth.gonzalez
Message 2 of 3 (224 Views)

Re: SiteScope database logging question

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The 3rd column is OwnerID which is the same as groupID. Confusion happens because in versions older than 11.x to build the ownerID and groupID SiS took the group name and just deleted invalid chars. So if I created a group called "group 1" then ownerID and groupID would be group1 which may appear in logs as SiS used the name for 3rd column (ownerID). This caused issues with duplicate IDs and confusion in logs messages for which in 11.x SiS assigns group IDs by the numeric unique ID which is a sequential number as it does with monitors.

Yes, groupName is the display name.

Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Please use plain text.
Advisor
midd91
Message 3 of 3 (214 Views)

Re: SiteScope database logging question

Thanks for the reply. Having the group's display name in the logs is much easier.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation